Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2016, 04:49 PM

Default Tom and Val Pitchette awesome friends

So this weekend we were running Big Willow and broke a timing chain bending valves in my 71 camaro. As usual I am the only "muscle car" in the Paddock. It is 12:00 noon

I track the crap out of the car and drive to the track in the car.

Can the car be fixed.... sure..... Go to the parts store buy some cheap heads gaskets, timing chain, and rent a balancer puller and get er done in the Paddock? Nope, cam is too big for the heads. " I'm not gonna swap in a cam, condenser is in the way, screw that.

I do not own a truck or trailer. I guess my contingency plan needs to work... get a U haul truck and trailer. U haul with tow dolly is available for $500.

Call a friend... That friend is Tom Pitchette, the husband of Valerie Pitchette, and Dragonlady GTA.

So the call goes like this. " Tom, this is Dale I broke the &$#@ timing chain, we are at Willowsprings" Immediately Tom says "We are just minutes away from the trailer we can hook up and be on our way in 30 minutes" (This is a 7 hour one way drive.) They showed up just after 7:00 pm to pick up the car, my wife Lorie and myself.

WTF, what did he just say. I did not even ask them. They just dropped what they were doing and come help me nearly 400 miles away. This is absolutely amazing that Tom and Val will come out and rescue me. So damn cool, way better riding in their truck and talking rather than driving a Uhaul.

We got home at 4:00 am.

Tom and Val are absolutely selfless, and awesome representatives for the pro touring world!!