Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2016, 06:13 AM

Default Another second gen Camaro, from Aus.

Hey everyone, my names Jake and I'm from Perth, Australia. Been lurking on Lateral G for about a year now which has ultimately inspired me to turn my tough street car into a proper pro tourer.

I purchased the car with a 502 BBC, T400, moser 9" and a few other bits and pieces, it's an honest car but not really what i thought it would be so I've bit the bullet, taken a deposit for the motor and box and started tearing it down.

The new setup will be an LS3 / TR6060, Brand new subframe with all the fruit, torque arm rear suspension, wilwood 6 / 4pot brakes and a 285 / 335 wheel and tyre combo along with a bunch of other little things to suit ( mini tubs, flat firewall, wilwood pedal box, VDO gauges, AAW wiring loom etc )

The exterior will stay is for now, i plan to track this car at so i wont go dumping thousands into body work only to end up in a sandtrap / wall testing the limits of the car.

Motor and box have been sold and are due to be picked up this weekend, so the car currently looks like this...

I've also stripped the interior out, started removing all the sound deadner and seam sealer from the floor to check for any rust.

Found one little patch so far in the rear D/S foot well which hopefully isnt too much worse than whats pictured.

The only other area that needs some attention is the very top corner on the P/S, the floor is attached to the sill panels which have been abused on this car, causing the floor to come away from the sill seam when it was bent by a jack, stand etc. So that will need a bit of massaging and welding.

Other than that the floors seem super solid and it has had a new boot floor put in at some stage so its all good.

Will attack it with a wire wheel to bring it all back to bare metal, undercoat, dynamat, underlay and then finally new carpet will go in.

My big shipment of parts will be ordered beginning of next week and surprisingly it was only an extra $200 to ship the whole crate by air compared to sea, so it will be here in December rather than March, hopefully Christmas comes early

Pretty excited to actually build a car, the way I want it with hopefully little paid work.

My time frame is around 4 months as there is an event as the beginning of March i'd love to get too.

Last edited by jaba; 08-03-2019 at 02:53 AM.