Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2021, 08:59 PM

Default 1956 Chevy Bel Air Build - Project Daisy

My new project. 1956 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hardtop. One owner car, found and purchased locally. The seller's grandmother purchased it new and it had remained in the family. In theory, it was a survivor car, two paint jobs, no accidents, and all or nearly all original.

What I'm doing with it:
I drove it for a year and enjoyed it with the family, but it's now time to put it under the knife. I'm planning on turning this into a 3 season daily driver (or nearly daily as I don't commute). Classic styling, all modern comforts. All the good stuff that makes it more than the sum of it's parts.

I'm also "attempting" to get my kids involved with the project and learn a little bit about how cars are put together while also making some memories. As part of the incentive, I told them I would video parts of the build and post it to YouTube for them if they participate. We'll see if my bribe works or not.

Plan:
All the usual stuff. Roadster shop fast track chassis, Wegner 1,000 HP street LS3, Bowler Trans, Ricks tank, etc.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RDuke For This Useful Post:
camcojb (02-11-2021), fleetus macmullitz (05-07-2021), kwhizz (02-14-2021), Sonar Chief (10-27-2021), syborg tt (09-01-2021)