Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2021, 04:25 PM

You have it dialed in Lance! That sounds like a super healthy approach. And, exactly why most Americans don't eat healthy. It's substantial work!

To simplify, I lean on some rice to help with carb intake with many meals. I do eat some gluten now, but sporadically. It takes a serious pile of vegetables to make up for a small amount of rice or another grain. Vegetables are alkaline and grains are acidic. If you are trying to improve your diet, offsetting grains with more vegetables is a great place to start. Just keep in mind that you will need a healthy amount to get the same calorie intake a 1/2 cup of rice or a slice of bread provide. I also lean on frozen vegetables. They are picked at peak ripeness so they pack a nice punch.

My diet hasn't been as clean lately, but I still eat healthy a majority of the time. I still lean on the 70/30 diet. Seventy percent of my calories from plants and 30% from animals. A healthy amount of vegetables/fruit/rice for carbs. A healthy amount of nuts, avocados, and all natural peanut butter for healthy fats. Mostly yogurt/lean meats for protein and a plant based protein powder before workouts.

There is no perfect diet. It's what agrees with you, how you feel, and the results show in your life and blood work.