Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2023, 11:44 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default 1970 GTO V3

I think most of you know me, or at least know of me. My name is Andrew Borodin and I have been a part of the pro-touring community for a very long time. I have a 1970 GTO that I first built about 20 years ago and was on the cover of Popular Hotrodding in 2003. I was also the winner of the 2003 Car Craft real Street Eliminator competition in the summer of 2003 and was featured in Car Craft magazine.

The car was originally built with a 502 big block with Holley EFI and a Richmond 6 speed. In 2008 I did a LS swap with basically a LS3, LS7 cam, and kept the Richmond 6 speed. That build can be seen here:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...TO-Version-2-0

In 2014-2015 I also built a LS swapped 67 Mercury Cougar and that build can be seen here:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...res-and-videos)

In those years I have also moved a few times, earned a Ph.D. in marketing, and now run a full-time Holley EFI tuning business, aka Dr. EFI.

That about brings us to the latest version of the GTO. This project actually started a little over 2 years ago. The original plan was pretty straightforward. I wanted to do some simple upgrades and drive the car.

As we all know, things change, and I decided that I wanted more power. I also wanted to experience a turbo LS with an automatic transmission.

The whole journey can be seen here:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...TO-Version-3-0

For the purposes of posting here, I think I will start with the day that the car went to my friend Vic's house. I met Vic about 2 years ago when he contacted me about doing some tuning on his beautiful 57 Nomad. Since then we have become pretty good friends and he was gracious enough to help with this project.

I can't thank him enough because he has skills and equipment that I don't and without him, this project would not be where it is today...

This will be a bit of a copy and paste dump, so please bear with me. I will tag each post with dates for context and bring y'all up to where we are today.

Stay tuned...

Andrew
Please get in touch if I can be of service.
My YouTube Channel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andrewb70 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (01-01-2023), Roscoe03 (01-01-2023), syborg tt (04-16-2023)