Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2023, 07:15 PM

Default 325/30-19 on the front of a 2nd gen fbody?

Was thinking of doing this. I have a stock subframe and speedtech's street fighter kit. The 3-pc wheels were 19x9.5 wheels with 6" backspacing. I had them widened to 19x11, but I can have them changed back (just more money!!). The wide front is for looks only. I love the look of it.

I am ready to cut and flare the front fenders to make em fit. I'm wondering if I'm going to have issue with the car wandering or other issues caused by large scrub radius and other bad front end geometry. Front wheels are 345s on 12" wheels. The fronta are 19x11 with -7.5" backspace. If I have them reassembled as originally ordered they're 19x9.5 with 6" backspace.

This is a street car 99.99% of the time but I absolutely want to track it when my kids get a little older. With that said I'm not focused on making everything 100% optimal for handling. It is a pro-touring car though, so of course handling was a bit consideration when selecting parts.

Pics are just for reference. Any help on what I should check or verify to objectively determine if this will work would be appreciated. I understand scrub radius but have no idea how that scan actually be measured with basic tools. What about wheel travel, Ackerman, etc? What should I go over?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk