Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2023, 12:51 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,167 Times in 586 Posts
Default Hobbs Camaro (Old Drag Car)

There are stories about cars finding you and this is one of those stories. A gentleman reached to me on Facebook 3 years ago looking for a patina 1967 Camaro like Gordan Rojewski's '67. I said I did not know of any but, I was looking for a patina '69 Camaro. He said he had one and would never sell it. Well last year he sends me a message and said he wanted to sell his Camaro. I was great, can you tell me about it. He said he had the car for about 3 years and it was on old drag car.

The car was ordered new in 1969 by Vic Hobbs. He ordered a Marina Blue SS, with a 325 HP 396 CID Engine, Black Interior, 3 speed Auto, Cowl Hood, Endura Bumper, Rear Spoiler, 4.11 gears and radio delete.

The car was raced since new and was never titled for the public road until 2007.

I was busy racing and traveling a lot last year and though the car was cool and arranged to buy it less engine and trans, because the stock driveline was long gone and I had no need to the 496 BBC that was in it.

He said no problem because it was not running anyway. We negotiated a price and he offered to deliver it to Milford, MI.

I was cool. He shows up at my house and the car was super clean and as described. The he starts dragging in all the documentation on the car. All the original build sheet, deal delivery sheet, and a ton of other docs.

I'm looking through the stuff and the documents and them look in the car. The ODO showed 1277 miles.

I'll post some photos in the links below.
89 RS (05-20-2023), camcojb (05-17-2023), fleetus macmullitz (05-19-2023), jarhead (05-31-2023), Jon Overton (05-17-2023), NAPA 68 (05-26-2023), Roger M (05-17-2023), syborg tt (07-10-2024)