Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2023, 09:54 PM

Default Ridetech Streetgrip suspension install or parts fail? what did I do wrong?

Hey everyone,

So I bought a Ridetech Streetgrip suspension kit for my '69 GTO and installed it just over the weekend and already the cars sitting like it has a flat tire/ leaning to the left all inside of 24 hours of installing it.

Specifics- # 11245110 StreetGrip system w/ "Big Block" springs (my car has a pontiac V8 so this should be stout enough to use)
upgraded to their tubular upper StrongArm A-arms.

- A-arms have the #1 bushing installed (it came with the kit and has a centered hole for minimal caster)/ arms are set in the street position
- Car has not been professionally aligned yet aside from me giving it a driveway alignment (setting toe in and using ⅛" shim on the upper rear A-arm bolts to give a bit of caster)
- OEM LCA has new rubber bushings as the ones in the kit do not fit my car. (turns out the kit comes with round bushings and my LCA has a pill shaped bushing)
- I made sure the front springs were clocked to their correct position during installation.
- I weigh about 215#.

The car had a slight lean to the left before this kit install but now it looks like I have a flat tire. It appears the coil spring collapsed or something. Did I do something wrong with the install? It should be sitting level left to right, no?

As it sits it's really unusable like this, and is quite frustrating after spending all this money and time to install it and it makes me want to rip it out and toss in the trash can. So, before I do that any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe I missed something really obvious?

All I want is a firmer / better suspension on the car that would make the car drive better. As it was stock it drove like a bowl of jello... It's just a street car/ driver. I still have my Firebird for more aggressive driving.

I can provide more pics tomorrow if needed.

Thanks!
Attached Images