Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
You cannot run this tire with a larger rim then a 12" and fit it under a mini tub no matter what you do to the lip. Tt that size, adding a 1/2 inch of wheel adds a half inch of section width and quickly make the sidewall to large. I just had to re do a pair of 13" rims that would not fit. I had to have them made into 12s.

As for that tire fitting on a 12" rim, Actually Michelin spec is done with a 12" wheel. Here is the Tire Rack page on Michelin PS2s

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...e1=yes&place=0

Up front a 285 / 35 / 18 would work and give you a real nice tire height stagger. Tire stagger is important and many screw this up. I cannot stand it when someone puts 18s on the back that are 26" tall, and 17s on the front that are 26" tall! it looks like the front tire is taller then the rear tires! The front tires need to be as much shorter as the rim, so if the rim is a 19 on the rear and a 18 on the front, the tire needs to be a inch shorter, at least!

The rears on this set up at 27.4" on a 19" rim will leave 4.2" of sidewall on the rears, a 26" tire height on the front on a 18" rim will leave a 4" sidewall. I HATE when the front tires have a taller sidewall then the rears, HATE IT! Did I mention I do not like that look?

Also, with this set up, you will have a consistant sidewall buldge that matches nicely from front to rear with a bit more buldge on the rear tires. The rears on this set up having a section width of 13.6" on a 12" rim and leaves a .8 buldge on either side of the rear rim. The front having a 11.3 section on a 10" rim leaves a .65 sidewall buldge on the fronts, which again is the look were going for.

Thank you again Frank for wery professional and understandable reply. This coming really hard to decide what way to go. I had allready made up my mind based on this car :

How do think 19" at rear would change the image? Do still get the same stance? I cant live with rake ie. car having nose down. And i do prefer some spring travel at rear too. I am looking for real driver wich i can take on track too.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:16 AM

My car that Frank is laying the clear on this week is running the 19/18 stagger with the 345/30/19 27.4" and 255/40/18 26". There were a few reasons I decided on this setup. When I ordered the wheels it was a pretty new deal, I wanted to keep the sidewalls as uniform as possible, and the vette and viper both staggered 19/18 at the time. I went with a coil over set up in the rear to get the car at the proper ride height. You can figure out your sidewall heights by multiplying the apect ratio times the width. 345 x .3 =103.5 255 x .4=102 This gives you a slightly larger sidewall int he rear. I hope to see the photos on my car soon! It's been almost a year since I bought those wheels. Unfortunately they sat around my previous builders shop and collected dust for a while.

Last edited by Vegas69; 01-15-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69
My car that Frank is laying the clear on this week is running the 19/18 stagger with the 345/30/19 27.4" and 255/40/18 26". There were a few reasons I decided on this setup. When I ordered the wheels it was a pretty new deal, I wanted to keep the sidewalls as uniform as possible, and the vette and viper both staggered 19/18 at the time. I went with a coil over set up in the rear to get the car at the proper ride height. You can figure out your sidewall heights by multiplying the apect ratio times the width. 345 x .3 =103.5 255 x .4=102 This gives you a slightly larger sidewall int he rear. I hope to see the photos on my car soon! It's been almost a year since I bought those wheels. Unfortunately they sat around my previous builders shop and collected dust for a while.
Thanks Vegas, i really look forward to see your car. This 18/19" is totally new idea for me so i cant wait to see some pics!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:31 AM

Default I like the 18/19 stagger and would do it again

I am runnng stock C6 rim and tire package, but I would keep the sizes is I ever changed rims...it just fits the car in my opinion.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtieracing
Thank you again Frank for wery professional and understandable reply. This coming really hard to decide what way to go. I had allready made up my mind based on this car :

How do think 19" at rear would change the image? Do still get the same stance? I cant live with rake ie. car having nose down. And i do prefer some spring travel at rear too. I am looking for real driver wich i can take on track too.
That is my customer Vance Wheelers car. Those are 18s
Old 01-15-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
That is my customer Vance Wheelers car. Those are 18s

I know , and Vances camaro has perfect stance ! I mean PERFECT
Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 AM

We have Lisa's car set up to ride so low I do not think we get a true perspective on how the rear tires work, I am going to get some pictures of Lisa's car raised up to the same height as Vance car for some pictures as most cars ride about that ride height. I think it would be good for rear tire size comparisons. I will try to do that later today.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtieracing
perfect stance ! I mean PERFECT
Stance is everything,period. oh and correct wheel offsets!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
We have Lisa's car set up to ride so low I do not think we get a true perspective on how the rear tires work, I am going to get some pictures of Lisa's car raised up to the same height as Vance car for some pictures as most cars ride about that ride height. I think it would be good for rear tire size comparisons. I will try to do that later today.

that black car appears to sit lower the firebird......
Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 AM

I think the FIrebird is 1 inch lower. These are 19s on the Firebird, so the rim is taller, but we are completely cupping the rims and the black car appears to be almost 2"s away from cupping the rims.

I am thinking it is the litterly the difference between black and white!