Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Supporting Member

Exactly one week to go! At 10AM next Monday the first wave will begin running!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far! Still need to raise more with a week to go.

Interesting Training Fact? While my program began in January, you need to be running around 25 miles a week before the program begins. So for me it began this summer, and this fall was the real work. My real training would be from Sept-Now.

In total! I have run just over 850 miles since September! That is more miles then I put on the Camaro last year! And just like the Camaro, too many miles makes things start to fall apart! Ahah.

7 days! Anymore help is greatly appreciated!

Tim
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Dude! You need to be outside running right now!

That's an incredible endeavor and the giant training regimen leading up to it is just as impressive. My wife runs marathons so I know what it takes and my hat's off to you.

When and where did you qualify? Qualifying time?

That's right, guys. He needs to have already ran his a$$ off at another marathon to even be able to run in Boston! No small feat!

Sorry if I'm asking you to repeat yourself from another thread but I know what it takes so good on ya!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Dude! You need to be outside running right now!

That's an incredible endeavor and the giant training regimen leading up to it is just as impressive. My wife runs marathons so I know what it takes and my hat's off to you.

When and where did you qualify? Qualifying time?
I just got back from one actually! Boston College is right on "Heart Break Hill" so I did a 4 mile loop and came up the hill. For those that don't know, at the 21 mile mark during the marathon there is a pretty sizable uphill climb to Boston College, so it is good to be here and have the hill training.

As far as qualifying, I have to admit that being a charity runner is the way to get in without qualifying! I am a real registered runner with a chip tracking me and a bib number, but each year I think a thousand of the 25,000 or something are unqualified charity runners!

While I seem like less of a runner not qualifying, the time it takes for someone my age, 21, to qualify is a 3:15 marathon! Thats under a 7:30 mile for the entire time, and I weigh a solid 200lbs. That time just wasn't happening so I got in as charity, and now I am strapped for the charity money!

www.firstgiving.com/timothylawlor

Thanks!

Tim
Old 04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Supporting Member

Finished!

The marathon was today! It was great weathe up here for it. My time was a bit slower then I wanted, but I totally underestimated the HILLS. Boston is known for its hills, they start on mile 16 and go through mile 21...they took a toll on me and I was behind my goal. I ran 4:29 and was hoping for a 4 hour run. But its a great experience and....I made my charity money!!!

Thanks to everyone that donated from Lateral-g! It really makes a difference!!

Tim

(PS: Scott, you can remove this as a sticky whenever you want!)
Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Congrats Tim! You got er done, and that is a rare accomplishment. Great job for a great cause. Thanks again.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible