Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Mastershift

Does anybody have any feedback on the Mastershift (paddleshifter)unit thats for manual transmissions? Does Compushift have something in the works? Still utilizes the clutch pedal but eliminates console shifting.
Dave

Last edited by nvr2fst; 11-22-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2fst View Post
Does anybody have any feedback on the Mastershift (paddleshifter)unit thats for manual transmissions? Does Compushift have something in the works? Still utilizes the clutch pedal but eliminates console shifting.
Dave
We have used the Master shift on several cars and it works great, the only issue we have had is programming it takes a little time but once you dial it in they are supper fun to drive.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:35 AM

dave, as far as i know mastershift has never released there tko set-up due to issue's they have not resolved, I know of one kit out there.
they do have automatic paddle shifters and are now using twist machines paddles.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 AM

Jake, who makes the other kit for manuals? Just wanting to know what issues guys have had on some of there past units so I can ask Mastershift what they are doing to resolve for there new kit. Didnt Kenny have something set up in his camaro. I called Masatershift in regards to utilizing there program for a TR6060 and am waiting on an answer from them. Was there new kit at Sema?

Chris, what issues did you have on programming, was it matched up with a speartech harness?

Dave

Last edited by nvr2fst; 11-23-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:28 AM

we have a mastershift tko600 on the camaro , like chris said the program you use is a tough untill you realize how easy it is ?
a shifter only has 4 movements side to side and front to back , so when you understand that , the program is easy .
wiring the system is easy .
blaine and chris at mastershift are great to work with and will do anything to help you install and program
Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 PM

Thanks, Kenny and Chris
I talked to Chris at Mastershift and he is sending me the new info. I also talked to the TJ at RPM transmissions (Indiana) where my trans (TR6060 out of 08 ZO6) is being matched to the ZL1 specs and matted with there Stage V differential. From what they told me they have done this several times and worked side by side with chris at mastershift.
I guess i should have asked them first. DAH!

Dave

Last edited by nvr2fst; 11-24-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68protouring454 View Post
dave, as far as i know mastershift has never released there tko set-up due to issue's they have not resolved, I know of one kit out there.
they do have automatic paddle shifters and are now using twist machines paddles.
JAKE- Who makes the other kit or did you mean (quote-I know of one kit out there) one kit being mastershift.

Dave