Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM

Default KEISLER has joined as a Sponsor

Hi Folks,

Keisler Engineering is proud to be a sponsor of Lateral-g. We have a lot of customers that are members here, and it was time for us to expand our on-line presence.

I am a car enthusiast. Like a lot of folks, I got my experience fixing the family transportation (Chevy wagon, Ford F100 truck w/ 3 on the three).

Always loved the muscle cars the most, and grew up around them. I remember thinking 7 grand was a lot for an original '70 hemicuda. I've had quite a few muscle cars now - a lot of projects, and some nice ones.

My father-in-law worked at GM for 36 years at the headquarters in Pontiac. He was in the Pontiac division. When he retired, he gave me some neat stuff like pins, tshirts, special Trans Am stuff. My wife grew up with GM cars, and we have pictures of her family's Firebirds and TransAms going back to 1972.

My favorite cars that I've owned are:

1971 Plymouth Cuda, aka the Maximum Overdrive Kuda - a car we recently restored Pro-Touring style with the sponsored support of a number of other excellent manufacturer. You can see this car and a link to it on my signature. I bought this car back in 1994 as a junker, and restored it, then sold it, then bought it back. We just debuted this car last month at SEMA 2008. It has our awesome A-41 4-speed automatic transmission with Paddle Shifter, Engine Braking and lightening fast shifts. This is a new technology for the market, and one which we spent several years designing. We do this for both GM and Mopar cars.

1965 Corvette, aka the Maximum Overdrive Corvette - I bought this 77,000 mile original numbers matching unrestored Corvette from Carlisle in 2003, and drove it home to Tennessee (with earplugs). Over a two year period, the car was completely restored and featured in a step-by-step restomod with Corvette Fever. GM sponsored the car with a number of other great sponsors - some of which are sponsors here. With the RamJet 350 and TKO600, the car got 24mpg on the highway. We made the '67 big block stinger hood fully functional. This was our SEMA show car in 2005. This car has been to a lot of shows all over the country and has lots of stories.

1981 Turbo T/A Special Edition w/ T-Tops. I found this car just 3 miles down the street, with a 1 owner title and just 64,000 miles. I was beautiful with new Intense Metallic Blue paint, original interior, and hands down the best handling bone stock factory built car I ever had. We converted it from 3 speed auto, to 5-speed Tremec TKO, and drove it many thousands of miles on Power Tour with lots of good memories. Only had the engine blow up once on me.

I love to talk cars, tech, stories and such. So please PM me if you want me to join in a discussion. Also, several others from Keisler Engineering - Gene, Rich, Jeff - have been members here for some time, and can help you with tech or general questions about transmissions, drivetrains, swaps, kits, how-to, etc.

We have a 16,000 square foot facility in Rockford TN (next to Knoxville airport). We have a full installation shop with trained techs, a driveshaft manufacturing shop, a machine shop, fab / welding shop, assembly lines, reman lines, transmission dynos, and a showroom. Please stop by and we'll take you for a tour. Or better yet, bring your car, and we'll put an overdrive transmission in it!

Thanks for having us, Scott!

Shafi, Founder and Pres.