Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizfitJon View Post
SVPjason are you sticking with the eaton blower??? Just wondering, we have had problems with them. The upgrade to a KenneBell is wayyyyyyy worth it.
On this paticular build we are, this customer only wants 400-450HP. So the stock Eaton, with a pulley long tubes and a tune shouldn't have any problem with that..

I also have an '03 Cobra here right now with a stock Whipple and 3.0 pulley and he makes 620hp at the wheels..
Old 03-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Are you upgrading the cooler? The stock cobras have an un godly amount of heat soak. The iats are to high for my likings. Just swapping to the kb drops temps 20-30 degrees. Add aftermarket cooler and your golden. Might be different though since not in a cobra and you free up some airflow though.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM

Just got off the phone with the guys at griggs racing. After talking to them for awhile im pretty much sold on there suspension set up. Sounds amazing, almost to good, or there just really good sales men ! The price is higher then wanted to pay, but might just have to suck it up. There 8.8 rear end set up they have is crazy to. They started listing off all these things that people say cant be done to them but they have a way. Adding camber into the rear axles and all kinds of crazy geometry numbers they were yelling off . Hopefully have the funds soon and let the fun begin . Also went to the local salvage yard and looked at a mark viii. Wanting the teksid block and accessories off of it. $600 for the hole car but going to talk to the manager tomorow about just the motor, harness, and accessories.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:30 AM

Only mod motor early mustang i drove that handled great was using Griggs Racing.The cheapo mustang 2 sets up really made the car handle funny.Rrs has some nice parts but if you want a 8.8 griggs is the only easy way i know of.For the interior http://www.mpcustomproducts.com/ led tail lights and turn signals and reverse lights http://www.mustangproject.com/ i got a ton more mustang sites so if you need help on parts let me know.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:06 PM

hey thanks for the links! They carry some very cool things, that i didnt even know people were making for the mustangs. The interior panels are pretty nice looking, might have to consider getting a interior kit from them. Though the interior is last on my list of prioritys right now.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

What griggs suspension piece is this. After seeing this I had a look through their site and done see anything like this for the 65-70 style mustangs. I would like to know for a future project on a 69 mustang. I like the idea of the 4v but fitting it isn't so easy. GL with the 68 project, looks like you have a good start and a good lead on parts!

William
1992 Corvette ZR-1
2021 Ford F250 Tremor
Old 03-08-2009, 08:12 PM

Griggs website i would say isnt the best.... They have on there site there hole suspension set up for the early modle mustangs. You didnt see it? The 4v isnt a hard swap, just notching the towers or cut them out depending on what suspension set up you go. RRS even makes a kit for this. Only thing im sure you would have to fab is extending the trans tunnel for the T56 or which ever trans you decide to go with. Also, the mini tubes for the massive tires to support the 4.6 under the hood.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 AM

Griggs website is acting funny right now.With there's you have to keep a shock tower but its really small maybe a inch or 2 under the hood.RRs is not the only strut set up but they don't handle as good to me as a car with a upper control arm.You can get a full frame from http://www.gmachinechassis.com/ or http://www.ajeracing.com/64-70Mustang.php and fatman fab has a couple and http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/sema2007.shtml