Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-30-2009, 04:51 AM

Default Help me please....

can anyone please tell me what color (yes I am aware it's red, thank you) the cover car for Camaro Performers Magazine is? January '09 . It's titled as a paint and body issue.
I think that might be the color I want for my '70 rs. Maybe add some VERY faint ghost stripes, tint the windows, maybe a set of Fiske Mach V's in 18 and 19 inch with black centers and polished lip. Any suggestions??
Black interior, console with a manual shifter poking out of it, Autometer gauges in a Covans dash panel (black), stock seats ( I like how they look and that they are a one year only item), VERY discreet roll cage and saftey harnesses. I'm not quite sure how I want the cage to be. I do know that I want and need easy access for the front seats, I don't want any door bars in the way. I guess I can add more to this list later, what are your thoughts and ideas so far? I'd love some input and or ideas. If you think something above is too far out in left field then please tell me.
Back to the color of the January Camaro Perfomers cover car, maybe Steve can find out? Any help on that would be very appreciated.
Thanks again!!!
Eric
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM

33 views and no replies? Ok, forget all the other stuff on my previous post, I am still undecided on alot of details on the car.
But if anyone has any info on the paint color I asked about that would be a great help.
Thanks for any info!
Eric
Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 PM

I need to find the issue...is that the one with my car in it? If so it's in my truck and will be an easy find!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 AM

I didn't see your car in that issue but there are several cars in the "F-BODY GARAGE" area at Best In Show Coachworks (who is that? sounds familiar) and there is a 69 camaro at Fesler's shop too (some pro football player).
The Air Ride '68 (Brets car) is in there talking about the metal finished stripes.
The cover car is a 70-73 rs in a candy or pearl dark red.

There is a pretty cool feature in this issue. At least from a nostalgic viewpoint. It's a 1970 1/2 Baldwin Motion PhaseIII 454 Camaro.
Complete with the Starsky and Hutch style side stripe! LOL!!
I remember seeing (ok, I owned one) lots of jacked up, bad paint jobs, air shock hauling, bondo buckets in high school. Oh, those were the days.

The motion car is a great reminder of what was considered "hot" or "cutting edge tech". I guess going around corners and or stopping were just not important back then.
I remember my 68 rs I had. 327, 4speed, open diff with 3:27 gears I think and the best of all was the four wheel drum brakes. I had more "OOOHHH SH*T!!!!!" moments in that car than all others combined! I am amazed I lived through it! But it was fast and alot of fun to thrash on. My buddies Mustang (65 fastback) was no slouch and with 4 wheel disc brakes could out stop me every time, but he was always sucking my exhaust fumes when it came time to drop the hammer!
I can honestly say that I miss some of those days. But the reality is that today we are safer with our "cutting edge tech" and the cars might even be faster, at the very least they get better gas mileage, ha ha ha.
I could ramble on about the past forever, but that would be just like modern day torture and I just can't do that to anyone else. So, I'll shut up and move on....

I am looking forward to the days spent behind the wheel of my current Camaro and stompnig the hell out of the "GO" pedal. When the need comes to drop anchor, I will have that covered as well. OMG!!! I TALK TOO MUCH...
Old 03-31-2009, 03:40 AM

the color is called monterey red metallic, its a late model vette factory color.
the owner of the car is MEAN 69 here. (owner of lateral dynamics)
i remember steve posted a pic of it when it just got painted so i searched it and found it but the pic is no longer supported but here the owner post about it and his plans for the car.
https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...92&postcount=9

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM

Default monterey red metallic

skatinjay- Thanks alot for taking the time and finding the correct info on this for me. I really do appreciate it.
There is something about that color that I think it might be what I want on my '70rs.
Thanks again,
Eric