Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 PM

i would say buy parts,mock then build!!! i went from having my frame powdered coated and having a 454 to hey i wanna do a ls1 with 4l60e. whoa let me tell you mock frame etc before hand and try hard hard not to change engines.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Little bit of a update, Frank from Prodigy fianlly got me to get the nerve up so a buddy and me braced the doors, back seat side to side, wheel wells and then trunk lip area (better to over brace then under ) then we marked a rough outline to cut then 1/4 off due to rot so I can take car to media blaster. When we got the 1/4's off what a freaking surpise guys, who ever put the first 1/4's on made a wheel lip of freaking bondo instead of fixing it correctly!!!!!! I probably paid to much for the car but dang if I will make mistakes like I have on next project (70-72 c-10 short bed for her). I have both new full 1/4's going on the car and a complete trunk/wheel wells from another chevelle that I am going to use due to I like the fitment of orginal metal. I am going to try to finish getting it ready for media blasting this next couple weeks at night. Then once car comes back I plan on installing 1/4,trunk,shaving firewall, some patch work (buddy makes very nice patches as most cars he works on metal is hard to find repo etc.)So hoping to have car painted over winter then have 5 months max to put it all back together for my wedding . Like to thank Frank for all help/info/ great products he seals/and encouragement I will try to get some more pics and info for you guys here soon and show the bondo wheel lips so guess I should name this project: operation bridal run ??? (gotta find way to have the car done for wedding all she ask basically). Brandon
Old 04-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Yeah, from what I hear, Frank from Prodigy is a really nice and knowledgeable guy. You're in good hands.
Any update pics?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:51 AM

Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 AM

I wish you good luck! Sounds like a cool project.

Josh