Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms View Post
HREs, Forgeline, Fikse, Boze fall in that mid 5" range on 6" lip 19s. Under 5" with 6" lip would require a pad over 2 1/4". If you looking for a hard backspace measurement to cut your rear, I can handle all that for you. Done lots of these both in the shop and with customers we are project planning for. If you decide you want these HRE's let me know. We can mill on the pad to adjust the backsapace if the rear is already done. But if you chasing that 6" lip, and I suspect you are, were going to be in the mid 5" backspace range.
I was ready to order the Fikse wheels until I read the thread about what Fikse is going through. Even if there is a 1% chance they will make it, I still want to hold on until I know for sure. I've had CCW's on my Corvette and Iforged wheels on my Viper but I don't think those wheels look good on 69' Camaros and HRE's are in the same category. Those wheels look good on modern sports cars and luxury cars. I feel like I don't even want a 69' Camaro if I can't get Fikse Profil 5 wheels for it. Not really, but you know what I mean. I've seen you help many of the members here and over at pro-touring, and when I figure out what wheels to order, I will definitely order them from you Frank.

Last edited by erikz 28; 11-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.