Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 08-06-2011, 10:36 PM

Default 69 camaro multi leafs

Has anyone used the CAT 5 multi leafs by Global West?
It is for a 69 Camaro that will have a wavetrac rear end with around 800hp.

They have some sort of a swivel bearing in the rear where the bush normally goes that is supposed to stop the rear end from walking/binding.
Does anyone know if this would even work?

Or does anyone know of any other type of multi leaf set up that is any good?
I have a TCI 4 link already but it is extremely hard to get it passed for public road use in Australia due to our stupid Modification laws.

The car is mainly getting set up for pro touring use, but I also would like the top of the rear wheel housing to sit so that it is level with the top of my rims so as to tuck the tire under the guards. Would 3" lower leafs do this or would that be too low?
(18" wheel 285/45 series tire).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan
Old 08-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Hey Ivan - the GW Cat 5 leafs are a track tested option that works very well. The Pozzis (and Gaetano I believe) have extensive experience with these and I never heard them complain of binding. The swivel perch design does have me scratching my head, but what do I know - they work! I owned a set and will tell you the ride is a little stiff over potholes so match your shocks well. Not sure if 3" is too low for your 69 (I had a 68) so I'd ask GW about that.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
Hey Ivan - the GW Cat 5 leafs are a track tested option that works very well. The Pozzis (and Gaetano I believe) have extensive experience with these and I never heard them complain of binding. The swivel perch design does have me scratching my head, but what do I know - they work! I owned a set and will tell you the ride is a little stiff over potholes so match your shocks well. Not sure if 3" is too low for your 69 (I had a 68) so I'd ask GW about that.
My personal opinion and I hope I dont offend Doug at Global West but if your road racing the swivel perches will induce roll and when hitting corners at high speeds you want the car as flat as possible. A Fays 2 watts link will keep your leafs from binding,

On the other hand, if you intend to opt for more auto cross the swivels are a great idea because the turns are slower and tighter and the swivels will help turn you in the corners.

As far as the leafs go, I've tried 3 different leaf spring manufacturers and the Global West worked the best.

Last edited by Track Junky; 08-24-2011 at 02:45 PM.