Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2011, 11:00 PM

Default Ridetech Upper Control Arm/Ball Joint Problem

Hey guys,
Helping a friend put a ridetech coilover suspension kit on his first gen camaro. He bought the kit complete from ridetech including the ball joints. Problem is the ball joint holes do not match the holes on the Ridetech upper control arm. You can get 2 of the bolts in, but the other two are off enough that they won't go in. What should I tell him to do? Send the stuff back to ridetech and wait another 8 weeks to hopefully get parts that fit and bolt together or just drill the other two holes out and bolt it together? The other two holes aren't off by much, just half a hole. I can post pics if anybody needs to see. Thanks guy!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 AM

I would send it back! I don't think you will have any issues. I personally have not ordered suspension conponets from RideTech, but they are a great company and stand behind there products 100%
Darren posts here regular or just call them Monday.

Travis
Old 10-18-2011, 07:55 AM

Give ridetech a call and ask for Darren schilling.He's really great to work with.I am sure he can solve your problem's.They might have just packaged the wrong ball joint's in your order.They are a great company to deal With. Scott Mock(Ride Tech Dealer)
Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
Give ridetech a call and ask for Darren schilling.He's really great to work with.I am sure he can solve your problem's.They might have just packaged the wrong ball joint's in your order.They are a great company to deal With. Scott Mock(Ride Tech Dealer)
Bret from Ridetech answered this on Pro-Touring.com...just wanted to post the link:

http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...484#post846484
www.proforged.com
Tall Ball Joints, Tall Tie Rods, Billet Adjusting Sleeves, and Steering Linkage Kits for Musclecars
Old 10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Supporting Vendor

The short version is that different suppliers have a slightly different bolt pattern, even for the same part number. Not sure why that is, or why this is a recent development, but it is what it is for the moment.
By different we are talking about maybe .100" difference...less than 1/8" but enough that the bolt won't slide through.
The immediate fix is to run a drill bit through the offending hole. Our ultimate fix will be to slot the control arm hole to accommodate the different ball joint manufacturers.
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.