Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MyWay View Post
Running a stock pcv system on a slightly modified hose since the valve covers are not stock. Drove home okay. No odd noises and the needle back where it belongs.

I am slap in the middle of taking the frame out of our 2014 silverado 4x4. That is a long story. Anyway hope to get the cab off today and by the end of next week have it running again. The. I will have some time to check out the camaro. I would bet my pcv is contributing but it is all hooked up.
Reason I asked, I bought a used 99 Firebird and I got it cheap cause he had the same symptoms you are having. He assumed it was the engine. Blue smoke 1 qt oil every 900 miles. I was gonna do an engine swap so I didn't care.

Did an oil change and when I pulled the air boot to clean the throttle body I pulled a bunch of oil out of it. The throttle body was caked with oil residue. So I pulled the intake and tipped it up for a few hours and got almost a half quart out of it.

Cleaned the intake out, changed the cracked PCV hoses, changed the oil and I never had an issue after that. Held oil till 3000 miles, no smoke and oil consumption issues. I ended up selling the car cause it ran good and a huge profit never hurt anyone.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 06-01-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MyWay View Post

I am slap in the middle of taking the frame out of our 2014 silverado 4x4. That is a long story.
Ok I have to ask ^^^^^ why are you taking the frame out of your 2014 truck??

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 06-01-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
My first guess is the intake manifold "upgrade" has you running pig fat - and you've glazed the cylinder walls - so now the rings aren't working and you're blowing oil past them. It was noticeable at start up because it's even fatter (richer) on cold start up.

Start planning for a rebuild - motors aren't self-healing.
Just swapping the intake usually doesn't effect fuel trims/air fuel ratio much.

Even if it did, as long as the o2's were functional it would at least still run at stoich under closed loop if it is within the range of the fuel trims. (and unless there are other problems it would be).