Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig510 View Post
I just about pooped myself when I saw this. We have been doing things the hard way. I have been reverse engineering S550 Mustang stuff all week. It looks like we should have our account setup next week. I can't wait to see what I can find and the hours it could save.
Hurry up!!

Just rear shocks made such a huge difference.....I can't wait to get the struts.

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
I had no clue something like this existed, I ASSumed it would/could be found all over the Internet. After looking through the tutorial on SEMA's sight I've got a few questions....

If someone were looking for all the pick up points for a certain suspension, is it given?

Yes, you can get a lot more if you want.

How far back does it go?

For GM they can go as far back as 1996 I think, Ford and Dodge not sure. There was a few years that were missing from Dodge when Dodge was bought and sold. They rejoined so stuff is available now.

Is it a newer system that feels incomplete but growing monthly/yearly?
I got everything I ever asked for. may take up to a couple weeks in some cases. Sometimes I have gotten way more info than I needed.

Bob, if you could give a little more detail and examples of how you've used it for the non-subscribers, I'm sure it would help pull more subscribers.

Like I said I use it for work. I design and manage a design team that makes Aftermarket and OE truck accessories for a living. Our OE side of the business they give us the CAD files. For our aftermarket we rely on either SEMA cad data, that they get from the cooperating manufacturers, or we have to physically scan the vehicle. SEMA saves us time and money and helps us always be first to market.

Now having said that, its not really ideal for a business that isn't manufacturing its own parts. You need a good CAD workstation, and CAD software. You're not going to open this data with a laptop, you'll fall asleep. I have open files that take 20 minutes, and that's on a high powered workstation. For a shop that wants to build a one off project. This isn't the way to go. The benefit is for companies that manufacture components. And this helps cut the cost of reverse engineering.

Thanks

Ps, am I the last one to know about this....
SEMA isn't just a big car show for manufacturers. They really try to keep this automotive aftermarket alive. They have tons of seminars going on all day. Find one and sign up for them. They do a bunch of lobbying in Washington and in each State to fight for our hobby. When there is a bill that wants more regulation on aftermarket exhaust or on truck lift kits. They are the ones fighting for us.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Thanks for posting this info guys. I had no idea about any of this concerning SEMA. Learn something new everyday!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!