Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-15-2016, 05:11 PM

Default best electric fuel pump for street use

my current barry grant mighty enduro has finally crapped out and now i need to come up with a suitable replacement.at the time when i bought this pump it was one of the best available but since then there have been more choices and barry grant is long gone and i don't think i would buy the same pump again anyway.i need a good inline pump that will work continuously for a street car and support 600hp. iwould like input of who uses what and their experiences good and bad before i buy a pump that looks good on paper but doesn't proform as advertised.i run a fuel cell and a return line and want to avoid a submergible setup and purchasing more than the pump.ive looked at holley,fuelab, aeromotive and magnafuel so far .i am leaning toward aeromotive a1000 based on positive feedback I've read but I'm not sold yet.thanks
Old 04-15-2016, 05:21 PM

For continous Street duty I've never been let down by s/x pumps which i believe are now owned by edelbrock and went through a price increase , it's their "quiet Flo" line. Ive had a few a1000s fail with continous street use, ie 5+ hour drives at a time. But some have good luck with them. I also run a twin billet holley dominator pump, i run the second pump on a rpm switch, and I've run that pump for 4+ hours at a time without issue. They also sell single pumps if you don't need the flow the twin puts out. The downside with aeromotives is the noise if that's a concern for you, unless it's mounted inside the tank. The holley pump is very quiet and the sx isn't much worse .
Old 04-16-2016, 12:20 AM

I've had an A1000 on since about 2003 or so. It's been on multiple power tours and LOTS of street and track duty. It was beside the tank up until I had a new tank built about 4 years ago, which I then bought a new pump (new tank ya know, might as well get a new pump too!) and stuck it inside the tank to keep it cooler. But the old pump was still working fine.
www.fquick.com/shmoov69