Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-29-2016, 08:54 AM

DRIVER: Scott Romszewicz
CAR: 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass

DETAILS: LS6, Tremec T56 Magnum; DSE/JRI rear suspension, front is Speedtech control arms, AFX spindles, DSE sway bar, AFCO coilovers

DRIVER INFO: Together since 1999, Scott is adamant about keeping the car as a stock appearance. With a background in drag racing and circle track, he got hooked on pro-touring in 2009 and has now been to more events than we can count! In the process, he’s taken the Cutlass from mild-mannered street car to a corner carving machine!

DRIVER: Bret Voelkel
CAR: 1970 Buick GSX

DRIVER INFO: Building cars since 1979, building suspensions professionally since 1996, driven many hotrods across the country, driven several thousand autocross laps…he still LOVES to talk about cars and try to help people improve them.

CAR: 48-Hour Camaro
DRIVER: Britt Marolf

DRIVER INFO: Brit is the RideTech Special Projects engineer. He has 2 small children so he doesn’t get out much, but when he does, his autocross competitors know about it! Britt is also the guy to talk to if you want to build an all-wheel-drive Gen 3 Camaro…he knows all the ways that don’t work! Shock expert, air suspension expert, electronics expert…he’ll make your head swim with information that you never knew existed.

CAR: 1970 StreetGRIP Camaro

DRIVER: Chris Smith

DRIVER INFO: While he is now known as the driver of the 48-HR Corvette and the RideTech shock tuner, he also builds lots of fast reliable hotrods in his Tiffin, OH shop. There is little Smitty can’t fix or prevent from breaking…a totally dedicated hotrodder who thrives on helping other hotrodders.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Here's an update from those out on the tour! I've got more pictures that I'm organizing from the different stops that they've made (I'm getting alot of pictures/info thrown at me daily ).

The one thing that I really like about this tour... Rain or shine, these guys drive their cars and aren't afraid to beat on them. For the most part, the cars on the tour are holding up very well!!

Also, while out on the tour, we're giving away a StreetGrip package each day!! Todd Earsley was one of the lucky guys! It just so happens that he's in even MORE luck. Because Bowling Green is close to our facility, we're bringing his car to our shop to do a live install tomorrow (5/5/16). After that, the car will go back to BG so he can feel the difference that the kit makes on the track and street.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Cool

Man that looks like fun .... keep up with the pics!

Michael

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!
Old 05-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That's going to make for a great before-and-after comparison for Todd. Very cool support by Ridetech as well. Wish I was there!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:20 AM

Hey Josh, did Bret get his car fixed? I heard he had trouble on day 1.

I've been following along on facebook and have been extremely jealous. I have to find a way to do this trip next year...
Old 05-05-2016, 07:35 AM

Thanks for keeping up with the road trip! I have to live vicariously through the social media... I have been following on this site and Instagram.

I hope you do this again next year because I so want to participate! I was really on the fence this year but, after seeing the pictures I would be in for next year.

'78 Trans Am - Y88-R LS3/T56,
Holley EFI, UMI Performance
Old 05-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Hey Josh, did Bret get his car fixed? I heard he had trouble on day 1.

I've been following along on facebook and have been extremely jealous. I have to find a way to do this trip next year...
Unfortunately, it's not been back on the road yet. From what I'm hearing it was doing good, he got some runs in with it, and then ran into either a fuel or electrical issue. Hot rodding issues ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscherer78ta View Post
Thanks for keeping up with the road trip! I have to live vicariously through the social media... I have been following on this site and Instagram.

I hope you do this again next year because I so want to participate! I was really on the fence this year but, after seeing the pictures I would be in for next year.
No problem Greg! I'll keep this updated as much as I can today. I'd say that this won't be the last Cars and Cones event, you'll have a chance to do it .

Came in early this morning to do some checking on the guys wrenching in the fab shop!

They already have Todd's Camaro in one of the bays and are already tearing into it!
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@Ridetech View Post

Also, while out on the tour, we're giving away a StreetGrip package each day!! Todd Earsley was one of the lucky guys! It just so happens that he's in even MORE luck. Because Bowling Green is close to our facility, we're bringing his car to our shop to do a live install tomorrow (5/5/16). After that, the car will go back to BG so he can feel the difference that the kit makes on the track and street.
Now that is way COOL!

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 05-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Supporting Vendor

I have been attending automotive events...races, car shows, road tours, etc., since 1978...since 1987 professionally. I have done over 1200 events since 1987. I can safely say that this 2016 Cars N Cones Roadtour was the most fun I have had by a lot. I would have to reach back to the early days of the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in Indy, Springfield, and DuQuoin to find an event that came even close.

The level of organization and execution by the FM3 staff was exceptional [as usual]. These people are hotrodders...they get the FUN factor and know what matters to us. The auto dross courses were fun for all..not intimidating for the rookies, not boring for the experienced. The "day off" we had on Thursday to do the Bourbon Trail tour [or whatever anyone wanted to do that day] was very much welcomed. The meals and tours we had each night at the various sponsors facilities gave us all a unique look into how these companies are run. The generosity of the sponsors product awards are a reflection of how much they understand and appreciate the customers who have allowed them to thrive over the last several years.

But if ALL that went away for some reason [and I know it won't] the camaraderie of the participants would be more than enough for me to put this event on my permanent annual event list. I have been fortunate to get to know thousands of people in the drag racing, manufacturing, pro-touring, and car show worlds over the years. Amazingly, I only had previously met about 1/3 of this tour's participants. The new friends that I met were just a great group to spend a week with. They are a group that I would welcome into our facility at any time for any need...and I feel they would reciprocate if necessary. Rob McGregor at No Limit proved this on the Sunday before the event when he opened his shop for me to work on my GSX on the way to Charlotte. Kyle Tucker and Bruce Raymond proved that on Sunday night when they drove 3 hours to rescue me more than 100 miles from their shop. While my gratitude for this is extensive, I was not surprised...Rob and the No Limit crew, Kyle and the DSE crew, as well as Bruce Raymond Performance, have been there for me [and many other hotrodders] anytime there has been a need. They get it.

I would like to place my request right now to renew the RideTech sponsorship for the 2017 Cars N Cones Roadtour...and to renew my personal participant entry. The challenge will be to see how we can top this year's event!
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Sounds fantastic. Just need to get this old heap running and I'll be there in '17, or '18, maybe '19