Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2016, 08:32 PM

I am in the same process getting ready to get a ridetech level 2 system. Does anyone know if the speedtech rack and pinion will work with the level 2 and tru turn?
Old 09-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIFLYR View Post
I am in the same process getting ready to get a ridetech level 2 system. Does anyone know if the speedtech rack and pinion will work with the level 2 and tru turn?
The Tru Turn kit will have most of the steering linkage. You will need a good power steering box (many options) as well as an Idler arm and possibly a pitman depending on its condition/age. That makes up your entire steering system.

Matt
866-628-8746

TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)

www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:39 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Our kit is designed around the factory style steering components. Running a rack and pinion setup on the factory sub will more than likely leave you with a good amount of bumpsteer issues.

With the design of the TruTurn, the bumpsteer is basically eliminated. The geometry of the system puts everything in better working angles and creates a much nicer feel (especially if you opt for a nice upgraded steering box).

The Turn One steering boxes that we sell are built with "rack and pinion valving" and won't leave you with any negative effects.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/turn-o...ering-box.html
Old 09-24-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
That 4k is for front and rear set up. The Speedtech only covers the front suspension.

It boils down to the op's intended use for the car, and his budget.

Just my $0.00002
I misread the op's intended budget, but thanks so much pointing that out for me. Yes that is sarcasm!

Sorry to the OP

Last edited by ra11eysport; 09-24-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:21 PM

After much reading and asking questions first let me say both Speedtech and Ridetech have a great product and customer service even before you buy their product. I have a 69 FB Conv and will not be autocrossing and mainly want a modern handling and capable car and I drive mine, Did route 66 in my original 68 Camaro Conv 327/auto. I reached out also to Ron Sutton and he has been great to ask me first what I want to do with the car. All being said I have chosen to go with the complete Speedtech pro touring front and rear set up from Ron Yes it is a little more on the front end but my FB requires purchasing different steering center link and more fab work if I choose the ridetech plus I have to pay to have the rearend, subframe etc. powder coated. The speedtech will come completely powder coated and ready to install, which is a big plus for my situation for slightly more after the above is considered.

In the end each situation, intended use, time frame and skill set is different so ask questions, be honest with yourself and research what will be best for you.

In my case just glad to be getting started putting my first car back on the road. Now for the 525 LS
Old 09-26-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
After much reading and asking questions first let me say both Speedtech and Ridetech have a great product and customer service even before you buy their product. I have a 69 FB Conv and will not be autocrossing and mainly want a modern handling and capable car and I drive mine, Did route 66 in my original 68 Camaro Conv 327/auto. I reached out also to Ron Sutton and he has been great to ask me first what I want to do with the car. All being said I have chosen to go with the complete Speedtech pro touring front and rear set up from Ron Yes it is a little more on the front end but my FB requires purchasing different steering center link and more fab work if I choose the ridetech plus I have to pay to have the rearend, subframe etc. powder coated. The speedtech will come completely powder coated and ready to install, which is a big plus for my situation for slightly more after the above is considered.

In the end each situation, intended use, time frame and skill set is different so ask questions, be honest with yourself and research what will be best for you.

In my case just glad to be getting started putting my first car back on the road. Now for the 525 LS
Wise choice, I just put one together and installed it. Atleat by going this route you wont have to worry about tire clearance with a 275 tire. This package will allow a 7in backspace rim lock to lock with no rubbing.