Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

It was good seeing you at the track Will. Too bad we couldn't hang around longer.

Sorry about the carnage. Glad you were able to save the Forgeline.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
It was good seeing you at the track Will. Too bad we couldn't hang around longer.

Sorry about the carnage. Glad you were able to save the Forgeline.
Yea man was good to see you too! I didn't get to hang out too much with anyone, was a busy day for sure.
1992 Corvette ZR-1
2021 Ford F250 Tremor
Old 06-27-2022, 06:43 AM

Any updates on the car? How’s the fuel system been working since you added the Rick’s setup? Thought for sure I would see it or the truck at LS Fest.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
Any updates on the car? How’s the fuel system been working since you added the Rick’s setup? Thought for sure I would see it or the truck at LS Fest.
He was unfortunately offshore for work so he could not make it.

I won't completely speak for him but I can tell you fueling wise, the camaro has been great. The rick's/vaporworx combination in the car is rock solid.

Truck swap has been great too outside of those fun little fixes that need to be addressed. Leak here, noise there, etc.
2012 Corvette ZR1 | Bolt-Ons | Forgelines
2001 Trans-Am WS6 | Cam | Six Speed | Slow
1969 Mach 1 Fastback | New Project
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBronco For This Useful Post:
camcojb (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 02:06 PM

Does will have his C10 on here too? I haven’t seen any updates on LS1tech lately.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBronco View Post

I won't completely speak for him but I can tell you fueling wise, the camaro has been great. The rick's/vaporworx combination in the car is rock solid.

Truck swap has been great too outside of those fun little fixes that need to be addressed. Leak here, noise there, etc.
Okay cool, thanks. Ready to see new videos of both.
Old 08-23-2024, 09:53 AM

Man, I fell off the map. Still on here but mostly been lurking and didn't even realize my post had some comments I never addressed.

Quote:
I'll give some updates on the car in this post and future posts as I start working on it a bit again. To answer your question, the fuel system has been flawless. I think i did make a few things complicated that could be done much easier now that there are alternatives on the market. Nothing related to the Vaporworx. Carl and his product and support have been flawless. I would and have done his system again since putting it on the Camaro, I've got the original PWM and a ZL1 pump in my LS2 swapped C10. Working great on there as well!

My car had dual pump setup with two CTSV pumps originally and kept one, and replaced the other with the Ricks fuel hat and twin 525 Hellcat pumps. If i were to do the entire system again, I'd have run that from the start with 3 hellcats and stage 2 for when boost comes in (right now they come in with boost and the v pump is primary). That said, I'd want to figure out the corner pickups for that fuel hat to maintain the low fuel reliability of the Ricks tank.

How has it been working though? No fueling issues at all and that's running E85 up to ~1000-1100 RWHP regularly. I will be turning it up a little bit when it's back together, so we will see how it performs with another 20-25% more power.

I've been to LS Fest but as support the last time I went and honestly it was still a blast. Wont make this year as it sold out before I could sign up but I didn't have anything to take to run anyway. C10 has been to a lot of local stuff and it's maiden voyage was to Goodguys Dallas (from Houston) with literally no time in the car before this. Made it with minimal issue (one burned plug wire). C10 has just been reliable enjoyment but ready for a few changes there so we will see what happens with that in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBronco View Post

Pretty much nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
Does will have his C10 on here too? I haven’t seen any updates on LS1tech lately.
C10 isn't on here, doesn't really fit as it's not "pro-touring" yet. I'm considering doing a chassis in it when the time is right, maybe a manual swap as well or maybe Andrew can convince me to run a 8HP70 in it...

Quote:
Okay cool, thanks. Ready to see new videos of both.
I need to get back on this as well. Hoping to get some more videos of each in the near future and more posting a bit. Took a break from most social medias from a post perspective and backed up to just lurking/reading. I'll try to get it going and out more for some "content" and just in general enjoying it again.

Stay tuned for updates!
1992 Corvette ZR-1
2021 Ford F250 Tremor
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
camcojb (08-23-2024), rickpaw (08-26-2024), syborg tt (08-24-2024), WSSix (08-23-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 10:55 AM

Few pics of the distractions I've had.

Also, made the decision to make this garage more comfortable as interest rates have stopped my looking for a replacement house with larger space for cars. I'll survive with my large storage unit (15x50) and small garage.

I renovated it last year, with new paint, more lights and cabinets/storage.

I recently added a mini split to keep the Houston Temps and humidity outside the garage, and picked up a "small" two post that works for low rooflines. I cant raise the roof as we have a space above that is utilized. This will work for now, and they advertise a 48in lift, so it will be more comfortable than working on the cribbage stands that I've done everyone on previously. Friend swears by his MaxJax lift, so i went with it. I like that it can be removed and stored. I had planned ahead previously when i hung the cabinets, so happy to see my measurements were correct and they fit under!

Now onto what will be performed on the repair and re-fresh of the car.

1) Engine: Engine removed and repaired. Broke a valve tip, luckily not dropping the valve, just lost cylinder performance (and obvious valvetrain noise). Will do all new valvetrain (maybe including cam); all new valves, lifters, springs, rockers, and pushrods. Will also be inspecting the main/rod bearings and cylinders while the heads are off and assess from there. Not suspecting any issues there as the motor only has ~8k miles.

2) Electrical: Re-wire of the entire car. This car was my first attempt at wiring and used a AAW classic update. VERY nice kit, but not suited for custom setup (smooth firewall) and relocated to glove box. I have a highway 22 kit that will be used, and mounted in the trunk.

3) Comfort: Complete the A/C installation. In my haste to get it running early on i decided I'd complete it later, and that turned to years. It was 99% setup, just needing engine bay hoses/dryer/etc. It required pulling the front off (IC in the way) so that has become a priority.

4) Interior: I will complete the rear seat recovery to match the Recaros and fit the bottom cushion over the DSE suspension. Considering a rear seat delete also, but would want it to be a clean application like some have done (Dusold / Stielow / etc). Interior updates will also include new gauges. Racepack IQ3s was cool but feels a bit "dated" now. I will be removing and doing something similar as Stielow builds with a custom machined surround and Dakota Digital custom gauges. Also going to add in a console/stereo like Tony Whatley's "Overt" 69 camaro. Want a more complete interior, more street, less race inspired.

5) Suspension: Will send the JRI ride height shocks out to be re-valved and one repaired (adjuster damaged on passenger rear). Plan would be to use JJ for this. Unsure if i will connect the hydraulics to the ride height shocks, i dont run the car very low. There is a chance in all this, i sell the setup and buy another set of JRI without the ride height. May let me get a little more spring on the car / travel (unsure if i need it).

6) Performance: I will be changing the WG management. The car had unpredictable boost beyond 50% DC of the WG on a single solenoid and manifold pressure setup. I have an air compressor / small tank, that will be mounted in the trunk and have dual solenoid setup so i can take advantage of the PID controller the Holley EFI has. Goal will be to consistently make power and have more range. I can keep a 8-10psi spring in the WG and make over 25psi when commanded. Right now the car has been living on a 15psi spring, with no WG management other than dumping excess. Fun but traction at 1000+rwhp is a struggle, even on a drag radial. Beyond that, I will complete the wiring to the front hubs to have wheel speed of the fronts so i can attempt to utilize a form of traction control (straight line).

That's the rough overview of what will be the goal. I'm sure things will be omitted as others are added as well. Looking forward to getting back into the car and enjoying it!
Attached Images

1992 Corvette ZR-1
2021 Ford F250 Tremor
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (08-29-2024), Goosesdad (09-09-2024), WSSix (08-31-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 01:33 PM

Got the lift installed and positioned it with the ZR-1 and the Camaro. Tested it and so far so good! I think it'll be VERY helpful for work under the car.

Dont mind that the car is dirty. I had to have it outside when measuring and it was slightly raining. I'll get it cleaned up along with the garage.
Attached Images

1992 Corvette ZR-1
2021 Ford F250 Tremor
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
214Chevy (09-04-2024), camcojb (09-03-2024), Goosesdad (09-09-2024), rickpaw (09-06-2024), syborg tt (09-03-2024), WSSix (09-07-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,554 Times in 691 Posts

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit