Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM

Well I've been itching to add to my stocks so I just purchased 10 more shares of Pepsi @ $62.29 ($622.90). Combined with the initial 15 shares I purchased at $67.51 ($1012.65). Which comes out to an average of $65.42 per share. With the stock being down -7.73%, and with the intention of holding for the long term I thought now is as good a time as ever.

Sorry theres no real purpose for this post, just excited to add to my investments and looking forward to what the future holds for me once these start to pay off.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCRFT78 View Post
Well I've been itching to add to my stocks so I just purchased 10 more shares of Pepsi @ $62.29 ($622.90). Combined with the initial 15 shares I purchased at $67.51 ($1012.65). Which comes out to an average of $65.42 per share. With the stock being down -7.73%, and with the intention of holding for the long term I thought now is as good a time as ever.

Sorry theres no real purpose for this post, just excited to add to my investments and looking forward to what the future holds for me once these start to pay off.
Sounds good man... its ok, i feel those "need to share moments" too. i think half mine are. hah..

Any how, i think you basically "did good".. you knew u were keeping them long term, you seen a 7% sale today, you had some cash and you took advantage of it. Does that mean next time it goes on sale for 7% off you buy it also? nah, all depends on what ya got to spend, and when, etc.

Atleast thats how i see it.

My Toy... is actually a 1973 Camaro LT and a '09 HD Dyna.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Albert, I had the cash just sitting there doing nothing (lazy workers) and for some reason it just never dawned on me to look at the market as "going on sale" when its down. Your comment lit a lightbulb when you said that. So buying seemed like the next logical step. Unlike most people I don't feel bad taking the loss when the market is down and I don't panic when that happens. However, after making the purchase I'm no longer worried about when my lazy workers will get back to work.

And on top of that, who doesn't like buying when things go on sale.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 PM

LOL exactly. Thanks Greg for that little tidbit of info.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM

Greg, regarding Banco Santander, can you give us some insight about the ADR fees and how do they affect your overall ROI? Banco Santander has been a name I've been watching but being a newbie I want to make sure its something I understand before spending money on. Would this be stock to purchase for my IRA (my retirement) or my Schwab (money I have no attachment to if lost) account.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCRFT78 View Post

Excitement is good... You know , we never time the bottom..That is why we scale in..

Even stuff I bought on sale last time , went down before it went up..So i lost, right after I bought...But the dividends, and the rebound finally came, as i thought it would..

It is hard to part with cash, but in the end, the cash will generate nothing, and Inflation will crush you..So good job, on putting it to work..

I won't even look at mine today...because it always ends up up, just not today..

Soon to be crazy
Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 PM

Default Meat on the bone

Ok, enough of my usual gibber, and on to good stuff..

Ok, the reason I recommend Kiplinger's magazine is that in this issue, among a ton of great money management and investment info, it talks about Chesapeake Energy and Annaly.

So I know Greg talks about these great plays in your portfolio, and they are.

I just want you to have the magazine so that you see on paper what someone else says about these plays.

How Cheasapeake yields 6.1% and although the company profits may decline this years due to nat gas, it will pay it's interest and principal comfortably. And it also talks about some of it's long term plans.

Also info on another great play, annally..And how it may be a good play for a while to come still...

It just gives you more tools to use to make your decisions...No financial advisor needed...Research and tools...And study and Time..

So check it out if you have just bought these assets , or are thinking about it..Plus some cool , useful info in the magazine..

I have some skills...Some days my skills are better than other days...

Soon to be crazy

Last edited by Bucketlist2012; 03-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 PM

Annaly has been a big buzz every since i started reading this thread... hmm... lol...

Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM

Fortune mag just had a write up about Annaly I believe last month. You have to wonder though, once everyone starts talking about it is it too late. Just thinking back to Gregs comment about "once the clerk at the store tells you about it, its too late". I have also been thinking of adding them to my portfolio though.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy71camaro View Post
Annaly has been a big buzz every since i started reading this thread... hmm... lol...
Actually It has been talked about since 2008/2009..

It was a top pick back then.. So was chesapeake energy.

I have been studying for years, and a lot of what is being talked about today, was talked about then. So they are still strong, and look to stay that way.

But do not overweigh in annaly..

or anything else.

Soon to be crazy