Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks67ca View Post
I love they way you car is done. Keep upgrading and keep it on the road. I have a fondness for the gold color. You will LOVE your Frenchie. I have owned one for 3 years now and they are great dogs.

My little guy

I like the gold this is my ride it used to be all gold like yours

Good luck with your pain management.

Nick
Nice car and dog, do you have a link to more car pics?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 PM

rlplive, I don't have a link, but I will post a new thread tomorrow for my projects (new member here). I don't want to clutter Rogue's project thread with any more pics of my stuff.

Nick
Old 12-12-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicks67ca View Post
rlplive, I don't have a link, but I will post a new thread tomorrow for my projects (new member here). I don't want to clutter Rogue's project thread with any more pics of my stuff.

Nick
Cool, enough said.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlplive View Post
Whats his name? Andretti? Good lookin pup. I have a Boxer named Trigger after Smokey and the Bandit.

Frank!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Thanked 1,627 Times in 579 Posts

LOL...My son just babysat for a week a French Bulldog that crapped, pissed and threw up everywhere....He finally gave a buddy 100.00 to sit the pup at the owners house...It even pissed on the carpet shampooer wen they turned their back on it for a second.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Thanks just trying to keep it simple and functional. While I love all the aftermarket support we have, I think a lot of cars are overbuilt with fancy parts and never driven like they should be because they end up being too nice.

I'm still kicking the idea of picking up a set of 17" Minilite Replicas to really bring the trans am look into the modern era. I wish I could run the magnetic numbers full time, but they fall off at speeds over 100mph.
====================================
Rogue:
If you haven't already bought the 17 inch Mini-lites yet, there are two sources for them, but they are very different from each other.

PS Engineering makes a set that are exactly like the originals. He makes all kinds of reproduction wheels for the older cars. He does make the T/A II's (Mini-lites) in 17 inch. He can also go to some very wide sizes. Mine are only 17X12.

If you look closely at the wheels on the original cars, the HUB is FLAT and the spokes come out from it.

The other source is Vintage Wheels Works, they also make a 17 inch mini-lite. Their mini-lite wheels hub is flat except for a small flange that goes around the circumference of the hub. (I think it is probably there for strength) It's NOT exactly like the originals, but it is close.

Here is the difference YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT!!

The PS Engineering are exact and therefore, you MUST run radial mount Calipers, like what you would find when looking at an original Camaro Brake set up. The hub that you bolt the wheel to is raised just above the caliper so the wheels will not hit the caliper. If you try to run these on Corvette Brakes, you must use a spacer to clear the caliper so they will bolt flush on the hub.

That said you will have to allow for the spacer height when you tell what backspace you want for the wheels, and you will need to run longer bolts (Damn I can't think of the right word right now for them) for your lug nuts to have enough thread to mount properly. PSE's are hand built and can put any backspace you want on it. Just know that they WILL NOT FIT CORVETTE STYLE BRAKES, unless you prepare your hub correctly.

The Vintage Wheel Works will mount with corvette style brakes right away, HOWEVER they will not match the original mini-lites wheels the "Trans Am", Racers used. (I don't know if you are a Purest or not)
To make them fit over the caliper they have to back cut the spokes in the wheel so the caliper will clear. (As mentioned earlier, the extra flange was put on these wheels probably because material was cut from the rear of the spokes)

In any event for you and anyone else wanting to buy min-lites for their car, this is the real poop.

Good Luck with your car. It looks great.

Take care,

Ty O'Neal
Ty O'Neal
"She Devil" aka. Betty
1969/70 Camaro SS
427 LS3, 600
Keisler Road and Track T-56
Full size 3 link and custom roll cage
315mm tires on rear, should fit the same on front. Worked to design a more effective shape.
======================
"Chester's '65"
1965 Buick Riviera
Aiming for true PT Status with
the best available from the 70's and 80's
======================
Old 12-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzee28 View Post
Love your car man, I couldn't agree more re some cars being overbuilt
My '69 has been built to compete in historic road racing & the rules dictate that you must keep original subframes & suspension components like OE A arms, axles, discs & calipers etc. You can fit something like Carbotech brakes which are awesome & can out stop bigger Wilwoods. My car has had the A arm mounting points moved, which now gives 3 deg negative camber, it has a bigger anti roll bar, multipoint Spax adjustable race shocks & runs 1500lb front springs (yep, that's correct 1500lbs per side) The ride isn't at all harsh with this set up & the car corners "flat" with no body roll. The rear axle has been "tweaked" to give toe in & camber. The thing handles as if it's on rails & gives total confidence in it's handling charecteristics. You really don't need to spend out a bucket load of money on aftermarket stuff to get your car to handle extremely well. Whlst I understand that many people feel that they're upgrading their car by fitting aftermarket items, for me it's bang per buck that's important.

Here's a pic of it with the Superlite wheels & a video clip of the car with the engine ticking over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D16996RNe3k

The car's not finished yet but it is road legal. I've just got to fit the new cowl hood ( the one on it in the pics is a temporary item until the new one's painted) stripe it & fit the front bumper. Cheers....Nige
==================================
evilzee28:

Your Wheels look greats.

Are you using the PS Engineering T/A II Wheels?

I know they are NOT the Vintage Wheel Works wheels.

I just wrote up a post on this thread so Dane, and anyone else, would know the difference between the two of them.

Here is a site that shows a picture of the VWW "Mini-lites", for comparison.

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/wheel...ubcat3=1111102

Anyway, start a thread on your car so we who enjoy the "Trans Am', Style Camaro's can follow your build.

Take Care,

Ty
Ty O'Neal
"She Devil" aka. Betty
1969/70 Camaro SS
427 LS3, 600
315mm tires on rear, should fit the same on front. Worked to design a more effective shape.
======================
"Chester's '65"
1965 Buick Riviera
======================
Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Been in and out of the hospital for complications with my health. Lots of progress has been made over at Guldstrand. We found that Doug's Headers D306 did not fit as advertised. So I'm returned yet another set of headers. This time we're trying Patriot H8062-1... Will see. I have a hard time spending $1500 for a set of headers from Lemons when it could be spent on more important things.

New 6 piston wilwoods

Rear wilwoods

SPC adjustable upper control arms

One of Dick Guldstrands many Corvettes. Its such an honor to be around Dick and his shop. So much history...

=====================================
Rogue:

The PS Engineering T/A II's (Mini-lites) Will fit those brakes because of the raised hub (or) Radial Mount Calipers.

Check out PSE, I really enjoyed visiting with the guy who makes the wheels. He is very nice and knowledgeable.

Take car and good luck.

Ty
Ty O'Neal
"She Devil" aka. Betty
1969/70 Camaro SS
427 LS3, 600
======================
"Chester's '65"
1965 Buick Riviera
======================
Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Love the simplicity of your car, and for whatever reason, that cowl hood even has a certain appeal about it. Where did you get your minilites from?

I'm afraid I'm now stuck with 17" wheels due to my new wilwoods, which is fine, but I'd like to run minilite replicas of some sort (Team3, Wheel Vintiques) in 17" for my street tires...
==========================
Based on your brakes, PS Engineering. They are called the, "T/A II". I wasn't sure you were getting these post immediately or not, so I wanted to post on something that would go straight to you.

Ty
Ty O'Neal
"She Devil" aka. Betty
1969/70 Camaro SS
427 LS3, 600
======================
"Chester's '65"
1965 Buick Riviera
======================
Old 12-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzee28 View Post
I live in Britain, but here's a link to my wheel suppliers. You can get pretty much any size/backspacing you want hth, cheers....Nige

http://www.superlite-wheels.com/wheelpage.asp?cat=2
Nige:

Are the larger sizes fairly new?

I checked them a while back and I don't remember seeing them much bigger than 15 or 16 inches.

Ty
Ty O'Neal
"She Devil" aka. Betty
1969/70 Camaro SS
427 LS3, 600
======================
"Chester's '65"
1965 Buick Riviera
======================