Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 05-17-2012, 04:54 PM

I would just like to keep business, pleasure & retirement seperate. I have no intentions of trying to get rich quick but I would like to someday be able to play with some money without feeling guilty for blowing it on car parts.

Of all the forums I've frequented over the years, this single thread right here has to be that needle in the haystack. I'm very glad it has grown and educated us to the point that we've all had an awakening of sorts. If this was the last and only thread on earth to read, I would have it memorized word for word.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

It's been a very fun thread for me and REWARDING seeing everyone "get it"... Hopefully it improves a whole lot of peoples retirement as well as their current lifestyles!

Money isn't everything - but it beats the hell out of whatever is in second place!

BTW -- Whomever said money can't buy happiness, was an idiot or broke - or both.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
It's been a very fun thread for me and REWARDING seeing everyone "get it"... Hopefully it improves a whole lot of peoples retirement as well as their current lifestyles!

Money isn't everything - but it beats the hell out of whatever is in second place!

BTW -- Whomever said money can't buy happiness, was an idiot or broke - or both.
As I have said before, thanks to all of you and especially Greg for taking the time to give his opinions on investing.

Most people never, ever take the time to help people, and I feel it is a "paying it forward" action...I try to do it with people in my life and most don't listen, and want a "magic Potion"..Then they are angry that I don't have a get rich scheme...Mine took 30 years..

Again thanks to all of you posting your thought and Ideas, especially Greg..

Soon to be crazy
Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

Greg- Your post reminded me of HBO's 24/7 special for the Mayweather v. Cotto fight. They were interviewing Mayweather in episode 3 when he piped off...

"Like I always say, money don't make me. I make money. When someone say 'I'm not materialistic,' you gotta realize, somebody broke made that up. Somebody who don't want to strive for sh** made that up. You know, beauty is only skin deep. An ugly person made that up. I tell you this: I'm a well groomed individual and I like money."

69 Camaro PT project- LS3/4L70e, Budnik's, Ridetech, Speedtech, Wilwood, DSE tubs, 4 link, shortened Moser 12 bolt- in progress
Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 PM

You guys are quite funny..

My Wife and I are always striving for the next level...It keeps you motivated and hungry, and excited about life..

Sitting on your arse and waiting for things to happen , is going to be along wait for some people...

I enjoy what I have, but I want so much more, and I will make it happen...

It is my Manifesting of my Destiny.. Not waiting for a knock on my door from the Rich fairy..That knock will never come.

I am pretty handsome, but not pretty rich, but I ain't done yet...

Soon to be crazy
Old 05-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCRFT78 View Post
I would just like to keep business, pleasure & retirement seperate. I have no intentions of trying to get rich quick but I would like to someday be able to play with some money without feeling guilty for blowing it on car parts.

Of all the forums I've frequented over the years, this single thread right here has to be that needle in the haystack. I'm very glad it has grown and educated us to the point that we've all had an awakening of sorts. If this was the last and only thread on earth to read, I would have it memorized word for word.
I agree with this 100% Thanks guys for helping us out with info, Not many places you can go to have this going on.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 AM

Default Facey Book IPO

I got 400 of the 2000 shares I put in for the COTP.

In a few minutes we'll see what happens next. My guess is -- not as much as everyone thinks. That's usually the way things go -- the opposite of expectations.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:31 AM

I'm surprised you're buying Facebook. A 50X PE just doesn't do it for me. There seems to be better places to put your money.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM

James -- Apparently you don't read all the posts. I explained the FB IPO purchase reasoning earlier... It's just "because I can". It's a gamble. A VERY VERY VERY teeny tiny gamble. One that is just "fun" to see what happens.

I'm not trying to get rich quick.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_Z28 View Post
I'm surprised you're buying Facebook. A 50X PE just doesn't do it for me. There seems to be better places to put your money.

BTW ---- There is a LOT more to investing than P/E.... One criteria limiting factor won't get you very far as an investor.