Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy71camaro View Post
Got my $13.75 dividend payment from MO yesterday.

Multiply this times 4 quarters --- and it's like FREE MONEY!

Let's not forget about the TOTAL RETURN -- so growth in capital PLUS the FREE MONEY....

EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Thanks for buying! I added another 1000 shares this morning.

Do I get a 1 share tip for the lead?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Am I missing something here? A lot of you are adding more Coke shares to your portfolios and I'm assuming some of it is due to the news of a split. But wouldn't you be getting the same amount if you purchased after the split? If they are splitting at a 2-1 ratio, isn't the share price also going to split 2-1? I know this has been discussed before I'm just curious as to the benefit of purchasing all these shares prior when the price will adjust accordingly afterwards.

BTW if I had some spare change I would be purchasing more shares myself. This isn't intended on being a negative post, just curious about the benefit of purchase prior to the split. Other than share price being driven up by demand because of a new lower share price, am I missing something?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Multiply this times 4 quarters --- and it's like FREE MONEY!

Let's not forget about the TOTAL RETURN -- so growth in capital PLUS the FREE MONEY....

EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA
Exactly... they are the highest up of everything i have.. 16% and counting!

My Toy... is actually a 1973 Camaro LT and a '09 HD Dyna.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCRFT78 View Post
Am I missing something here? A lot of you are adding more Coke shares to your portfolios and I'm assuming some of it is due to the news of a split. But wouldn't you be getting the same amount if you purchased after the split? If they are splitting at a 2-1 ratio, isn't the share price also going to split 2-1? I know this has been discussed before I'm just curious as to the benefit of purchasing all these shares prior when the price will adjust accordingly afterwards.

BTW if I had some spare change I would be purchasing more shares myself. This isn't intended on being a negative post, just curious about the benefit of purchase prior to the split. Other than share price being driven up by demand because of a new lower share price, am I missing something?
Your right. you arent really gaining anything special. Gregg touched on this on the previous page i think. It was more of a "mental" thing than anything. But its a buy and hold stock that isnt going anywhere for a long time (negativity wise). Think parking lot.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCRFT78 View Post

Historically especially in KO case look at what happens after the split the stock just goes up. Get in before the split, and you are in at the lowest price to ride it up.
Other than that there is really no benefit.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM

I knew I would see you on NastyZ Albert..

I am pretty sure we will see Ace on here soon...That guy is smart and motivated..

I don't know him, but I wanted to help him out and steer him in the right direction..

Thanks for your two cents. that should get someone reading this thread..

I felt when you came here, that I had done something to help someone.Now you and I are helping someone else start to Invest.

Stacie/Ace , will be a great addition to this site...His econ, math and business skills will be good to see..

When you get to this post Ace, welcome...

Soon to be crazy
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
All you "terbacky" share owners --- PM and MO --- you got your nice MO dividend today -- and tomorrow you'll get the PM dividend.

God bless America!

And thank you Europeans and Asians, for being large consumers of this nasty product! I'll spend it in good health!
Lets not forget MO isn't only tobacco. MO also owns Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery which was one of the reasons I added it to my holdings. Wine doesn't last long in this house hold.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketlist2012 View Post
I knew I would see you on NastyZ Albert..

I am pretty sure we will see Ace on here soon...That guy is smart and motivated..

I don't know him, but I wanted to help him out and steer him in the right direction..

Thanks for your two cents. that should get someone reading this thread..

I felt when you came here, that I had done something to help someone.Now you and I are helping someone else start to Invest.

Stacie/Ace , will be a great addition to this site...His econ, math and business skills will be good to see..

When you get to this post Ace, welcome...

Yup.. I check this thread and NastyZ all throughout the day. (and now the health 101 thread, lol).

Ace will stir up some good stuff i'm sure (in a good way). I hope he makes it this far! Its a lot of reading to do, but WELL worth it.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:35 PM

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96z28ss View Post
Historically especially in KO case look at what happens after the split the stock just goes up. Get in before the split, and you are in at the lowest price to ride it up.
Other than that there is really no benefit.

EXACTLY....

No other reason -- and NO GUARANTEE -- that it will go up before, or after the split... but lots of times news like this get a stock "moving".

I added more to my position because I was light to begin with.