Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-14-2022, 06:27 PM

Marty,
What size shop do you have? It looks pretty big. Great digs to wrench in.

Thanks,
Jimbo
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo1367 For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (10-14-2022)
Old 10-14-2022, 07:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,753 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
Marty,
What size shop do you have? It looks pretty big. Great digs to wrench in.

Thanks,
Jimbo

The garage from the front looks like a standard two car garage. However, it’s Forty feet deep with a 12 foot ceiling in the back. I have a sliding curtain wall that allows me to heat just back half of the garage. If I had to do it over again I would make it 22 x 44 which would allow me to have two full two car garages with a full work bench on the back wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 10-17-2022, 12:03 PM

Default Getting closer day by day (( 10-04-22 ))

I am getting really close to starting this car with Andrew. Hopefully this weekend.

Just in case all this all goes bad I asked my buddy Erik (Fireman/EMT) what Fire Extinguisher I should get and this is what he recommended. So I will be picking one up this week.

A long time ago I ordered a set of black headlight rings from Anvil and when I attempted to install them with the original hardware
the bolts were not long enough. So once again I am heading back to Ace Hardware for some Stainless Steel hardware.

For reference I am installing the DSE Truck Lights.

I misplaced one of the plastic things that the headlight trim ring screws into so I will be searching all of my bags of parts later today or sometime in the near future.

This is what I will be looking for.

It's the little things that seem to slow projects down.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
The Following User Says Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (10-18-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 12:11 PM

Default Lower Valance ARP Hardware (( 10-08-22 ))

Thankfully I have lots of ARP hardware hanging on my wall.

I needed to add a spacer so I used four stainless steel washer and to make it easy I Super Glued them together. I found that if you
stack and glue each one on a bolt with three little dots of Super Glue it works perfect.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:19 PM

Default Vintage Air Hose Routing (( 10-08-22 ))

I spent a lot of time planning the Vintage Air hose routing on this car. You can see the hose is secured in two location on the front
of the core support and the other on the bumper bracket. If you look closely on the left you can see that I installed a longer bolt in
the battery tray bolt that protrudes through the core support which allows me to secure the line.

Old 10-17-2022, 01:03 PM

Thumbs up

Looks great Marty. Are those DSE Truck Lights LED? I seems Will’s 69 427LS TT build had Truck Lights. LEDs that he had looked fricken awesome. By chance do you recall the price? Ball parks fine.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
Looks great Marty. Are those DSE Truck Lights LED? I seems Will’s 69 427LS TT build had Truck Lights. LEDs that he had looked fricken awesome. By chance do you recall the price? Ball parks fine.
Thank you and unfortunately I don't remember the price as I bought them way back in 2013.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:13 PM

Default Anvil RS Bumpers & Totally Stainless Core Support Hardware (( 10-09-22 ))

Sometimes it's all about the simple projects and today I worked on the RS bumpers and making them as close to level as possible.

I used the original hardware which looks really bad. Who new this would happen being in my garage attic for the last three years.

Uhm, Any chance you see this gap well the carbon inner fenders should be in between here. So when Mike said don't the
inner fenders have to go on first and of course I replied "Nope". Well, I was wrong, incorrect, brain dead and or just a
dumb butt. Which means the lower valance will have to come back off.

It feels good to finally put in the last Totally Stainless ARP body bolt kit.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Of course the battery try will need to come out so I can get to the passenger side bolt.

Reference picture.

Well that wonderful Mini Cresent wrench fell in between the AC condenser and the Radiator and landed smack dab on the bottom of the core support.

Back to the core support bolts. This is a simple little trick I learn years ago when you have to put a washer in an impossible location
all you need to do is add a little grease to the back side and slide it up and in. Gravity will have ne effect on it and it will stay in it's
place so you can easily install the nylock nut.

Yes, I was able to get the little Cresent wrench out !!!

Old 10-17-2022, 08:30 PM

Default Holley Brake Light Switch Wiring. (( 10-13-22 ))

Finally getting close to the end and today I am working on the wiring that goes to the brake pedal switch. In the American Auto Wire harness the white wire is hot when the brake pedal is applied.

In order to solder in the two wires that need to be added to this wire I removed it from the plug.

I also added the Drive By Wire.

Little bit of Heat Shrink.

The Drive By Wire is temporally tucked up here while I wait for a really cool push button switch.

I probably shouldn't have eaten these as my stomach didn't feel good later that evening. It sucks to get old.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
camcojb (10-17-2022), colorado80439 (10-17-2022), fleetus macmullitz (10-18-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 08:48 PM

Humm! looks like you can't use this stuff on a Ford?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to colorado80439 For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (10-18-2022)