Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 12-25-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJ
This is something that you see allot now, with the www anyone can make a great web page and make the outside world think that they are a great company.

I don’t know anyone at LD and I don’t know much about there product except for it may be the best performing rear suspension available as a kit, for the style of driving that most do here on this site.

The question is does that make it the best? Before anyone says anything is the best without reserve they need to consider history of the company or person producing the product, they also need to think about the future. Is this person or company going to be around when they need replacement parts, is someone always going to answer the phone when you call? How many units have they sold, so that you can compare yours to other peoples for help.

I also see many people that buy from the cheapest place online and then when they cant figure it out or something is not working they go to the local retailer where they did not buy it from and what them to help them, but cant understand why they are not that helpful.

In the future I may want to buy a unit from LD, but if I call them and don’t get any responses then I don’t have enough time to waste worrying about it. I will just go else ware.

My .02 cents
I agree. If you have to wait two months for a response chances are you should take your business elsewhere. That means they are two busy for your business or don't care to have it.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 AM

Just wondering if you ever got a call back from LD. I've spent 4k dollars with them and can't get any response to my email and voice mail. I've got to say, the 3-link is very cool and the workmanship is second to none, but it's a little unnerving to have made such a radical change to my car and have absolutely NO customer support.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:35 PM

Default Not bashing LD but....

I just don't understand. Mark is a very smart guy and has a greatly desired product...if he doesn't have enough time to answer the phone, hire someone to do just that. I hate to see his business fail due to poor/aweful customer support!

For the record CS makes or brakes the deal with me! That's one reason why I love DSE!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowboy
Just wondering if you ever got a call back from LD. I've spent 4k dollars with them and can't get any response to my email and voice mail. I've got to say, the 3-link is very cool and the workmanship is second to none, but it's a little unnerving to have made such a radical change to my car and have absolutely NO customer support.
Wow! I was contemplating their Watts linkage/3-link system but I wanted to ask those guys a few questions about there set-up and vehicle specifics. After a call and two left messages within the last two weeks, by me, I became a bit skeptical about them. Customer service and support goes a LONG way with me. I actually called them this morning also and no one answered. The system looks killer and I believe that it is the key to a great pro-touring vehicle. Still I am left with questions...
Have you installed your system yet? Just curious. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:46 PM

Mark is has returned my calls and emails. He was very apologetic and has been extremely busy. I think we are getting something going...
...I will let you know if my build progresses...

I see it like this, good things come to those who wait...

I believe he will get back with you guys as soon as he can.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:26 PM

Yes, I have installed LD's 3-link. All I have left to do is install close-out panels after I get done w/minitub. I'm going to be real honest here, when I was finally convinced that LD's 3-link was the ultimate handling suspension available for my car (69 Camaro), I spent a number of days trying to get in touch w/someone from Lateral Dynamics. Left a number of voice mail and emails w/no response. At this point I was pretty pissed off and decided to go w/DSE's 4 link. In my personal opinion, the 3-link w/Watts is far superior to a 4-link w/pan rod bar (for road racing), but you CAN'T beat DSE's customer service. In a mild fit of anger I came on this site and mildly bashed LD and low and behold I actually got a response from Mark himself. I had a number of email and phone conversations w/Mark that went very well but he was still very hard to get ahold of. He was a very nice guy and impressed me as a very intelligent guy, yet, still I felt like I was working real hard to give him my business. But, I was convinced that LD's 3-link was the answer to all my prayers, so, I finally was able to seal the deal and purchased the kit. During the install, there were times I had too wait a couple of days to get an answer to a question which kind of sucked. Well, I haven't worked on car in about 4 months due to work and am getting ready to fire up on it again when I saw this thread. So, I emailed Mark and left a message on his personnal cell phone about a week ago and have yet to hear from him. I'm kind of at a loss because I had planned on buying everything to complete front and rear suspension from him and he assured me that Lateral Dynamics would be able to supply me w/exactly what I needed to make my car handle the way I want it to. Well, it looks like the guys at American Touring Specialties are going to be my saviors. They are very familier w/LD's 3-link and I was going to get they're coilover kit (front) from LD anyway. Mark said he would have upper and lower control arms for the front ready by the time I needed them, but, I guess not. To sum it all up, I'm a little irritated that I radically altered my car and am left to my own devices to set everything up w/no help from the people that designed it. BUT, it is a bad ass kit and Matt (LD's welder) is an awesome fabricator. Thankfully, ATS will cover the rest of my suspension needs and parts needed to complete LD's kit. If you do ever get ahold of LD and do get the kit, my advice is take your time and measure measure measure. It's not that difficult, just very tedious and time consuming. I'll finish by writing that I hope LD is just in a lull and come back strong w/customer support, because if they do, I'll be one of they're customers. And that my friends is a testament to Mark's knowledge of suspension (theory and design).

Last edited by lowboy; 01-07-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Like Lowboy stated in his post-

If anyone has any questions about the 3 link kit from LD, be it pricing, install or technical, don't hesitate to call on us here at ATS. We are very intimate with the 3 link and will be happy to answer all questions regarding the kit. We can even help get your order placed with Mark when the time comes.

Tyler
Old 01-03-2008, 03:32 PM

I spoke to Mark once about a year ago, very very nice man, and smart as any anyone in the game. I would just leave a bunch of really nice messages to him stating your issues, he will get back with you, it just takes time. He is busy as can be, but he's not a shyster or a here now gone tomorrow kind of guy.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:59 PM

I've met Mark a bunch of times and he's a good guy, just very busy these days.
David
Old 01-05-2008, 05:06 PM

Finally received an email response from Mark. He is still out there and Lateral Dynamics still exists which is good news. I guess the bottom line is, if you want the best handling rear suspension for you'r car, you are going to have to be patient, yet, persistent.