Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 12-30-2014, 10:28 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I don't think so, Todd. I do have a highway speed vibration that I believe to be drive line related since it's MPH dependent. I don't remember it being there before I did the rear springs. I figured I'd dig into it more once I get the new rear end in the car.

The offset isn't my concern. The engine appears to be angled towards the rear passenger wheel. I only noticed it today because I had the hood off working on getting the g braces back in the bay. After I get the new rear end into the car, I'm moving onto exhaust and building my own headers. Since they will be tucked tightly to the car, I need to make sure the engine is indeed correct before I build them.

Thanks

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 12-31-2014, 08:16 AM

The name has escaped me Andrew.... Something....has done a write up on pro-touring.com about driveline angles. He has a 68-69 GTO I believe he eventually went to a cv style joint with a carbon fiber shaft but, do a search over there I'm sure you'll find it and learn how to check the angles and such
Old 12-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I know what posts you're referring to. Thanks for the reminder. I'll be sure to swing by and read up on it again.

I do think I have a good idea as to what's causing my vibrations. When I changed rear springs, this raised my car and pulled the drive shaft out of the transmission more. Combine that with the play there is in the slip yoke and I think that's why I picked up this vibration after the rear suspension was done. I'm not leaving the rear end raised up like it is so I guess I'll be swapping the springs out sooner than later to get the rear back down to where it was with the stocks springs.

I'd still like to figure out if my engine is pointing straight back or not or if it even matters.

Thanks

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims