Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 12-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Yea Frank

I have to agree with you on them being not as popular as the others. I think that has more to do with marketing. I have not driven the others metioned so I really can't speak of the differences in performances ( which I think are very small if any)

I think the biggest difference in the 21st frame is the ability to make adjustments. Eccentric bolts on the lower control arms and the circle track style adjustment tabs for the uppers. That was the main reason I went with it...not that I have run it any different than it comes.

I really do believe that all of the frames have their own merits and all would do an great job.

Not to change the direction of this thread, but I would like to drive a G Max chassis installed in a 1st gen Camaro.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Payton
Agreeable on the G max. Ironically through this thread Ive been in contact with Dave Jones over at Morrison. The price isnt bad, little over 7gs with the IRS set up and then upgrades from there. I not sure if your aware of this but when Dave emailed me today he mentioned that there changing over to c6 components on the bolt in unit. He mentioned that the only thing needed would be to modify the inner fenders slightly.
dave
Old 12-13-2007, 08:17 AM

Default I can't remember who I spoke with over there

a few weeks ago, but for the G Max frame with the C6 stuff front running a 3 link rear was about $11,000....plus they will build in whatever ride height you want. I am leaning that way ( well really more like falling that way) for my next build. It seems that I am always starting with something that needs floors and a trunk anyways, might as well cut it out, weld in the entire frame and build floors on top of that.

Instead of modifing the inners just make new ones

Last edited by Payton King; 12-03-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Hey Payton

The only thing with me is that the body is mint and hate to cut it up for a max G. I will be making my decision on which way to go prior to christmas. Or should I say spend the money now before my wife gives me the bill for all the kids christmas gifts. Im gonna contact AM one more time to get an exact qoute on what i want. Keep u posted, nice talkin
dave
Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Please do yourself a favor and look into the full chassis from Jeff Schwartz.

www.gmachinechassis.com

No body mods required and it mounts to the existing suspension points in the rear. Feel free to call Jeff if you have any questions.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Schwartz frame

Thanks, being new to the site Im finding more product info than i ever had in my years of technical info out of mags and local shops. I will contact jeff and check into it. One thing so far is that they are about 40 min. away, maybe Ill stop in.
dave
Old 12-13-2007, 09:04 PM

Art Morrisom C6 3 link GMax .... Cut the floors you won't regret it
Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Cutting the floors!

on a mint body. OK OK OK as I said before Im setting up for show/go. I will agree that fabbed sheet metal is a much killer look under the mirror than stock pans. I just would like to keep the funds down on this one.
dave
Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 PM

If you want to stay with a sub and use C5..... Art Morrison
Check it out its a nice peace
Old 12-14-2007, 07:33 AM

Default I am not trying to get you to cut up your car,

but from a cost standpoint I would guess it would be a wash. Lets say $7000 for the front and $5000 for a Lateral Dynamics rear plus weld in sub connectors and the labor to put it all in. $11,000 or $12,000 for the g max plus install. Man it would only be a few thousand different. Plus you can really run your car low. I would have to put air ride on the G max. I would have the frame designed to run about 4 ride height from rocker. Pump up the bags to get in and out of the driveway and over speed bumps, dump em when parked.

Back to the original discussion....If you don't want to cut the car up the subframes we have spoken about would all do you a great job, Am, 21st, speed tech, DSE. Don't forget to ask about header options for all of the above. They are not cheap!

Comp spec, are you not going a g max with a 3 link in a car right now?