Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2007, 11:32 AM

I've still got every comic I ever bought,including .15 Superman/Batman ones,Weird War,Jonah Hex,Sgt. Rock,Archie,etc.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Gi Joes are gone, my skate board is broken

but i do still have a Strombecker slot car track from the 60's. My little brother lost all of the cars. I thought about setting it up and getting new ones. This is a pretty cool track 1:24 scale. It has a lap counter and a Le Mans style start.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

I still have my entire Hot Wheels collection in the original carrying cases and have since probably tripled the number of them in adulthood and have started my 5 year old daughter on an impressive collection of her own.

I also updated to a new and improved version of my old BMX bike, but what do you expect from a grown man who still draws cars, right Ben!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Hmmm... My first real memeory as a kid is riding around the back yard, stuck between my old man and the tank of his Triumph Bonneville. Funny thing is, years later I bought a '69 Bonneville, turns out his was a '69 as well!

I also remember going to see my dad at his "office" when he worked at Congressional Oldsmobile in Rockville, Maryland. He moved up through to assistant sales manager before he left to run his own business.

As a little kid I had Adventure People... I had the whole deal, jeep, canoe, truck... spent hours playing with that stuff.

Also had a GI Joe, with the fuzzy hair. Don't know where that got off to.

Oh, let's not forget my Bionic Man, and Evil Kenivel stuff!

Had a Raleigh 5-speed "Chopper" for a bike.

As a little kid, I had my first car wrech while being pushed around the back yard at high speed in my fire engine pedal car. Lost control and hit the side of the above-ground swimming pool! Didn't hurt the pool, but bent the hell out of the left front fender of the fire engine!

Anyway, that's enough for now!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"
www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442
Old 02-14-2007, 01:33 PM

Tamiya Hornet! It was my first RC car I ever owned. Got it for one of my birthdays right after I saw a Hobby store while on summer vacation is Seattle.

Last edited by jy211; 03-09-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:49 PM

Talking

I have a stuffed dog.. errr whats left of him that I got when I was 2 months old.. does that count?? (i'm 27yo now)

I also have 3 cases of baseball cards from before the first baseball strike in the 90's (which killed my baseball enthusiasm(sp) ) and now my step son has my Legos and my Hot Wheel and my 3 Hot wheel cities. you remeber those that folded in half and had the "hot wheels" handle, they had a lower "ground" level on one side and the other side opened to be the second level...

I also have 5 models I built in my early teens.. can't think of anything else right now...

ooo I found a pic on the net of one of them LOL

Last edited by NSAN1T; 02-14-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR
I still have my entire Hot Wheels collection in the original carrying cases and have since probably tripled the number of them in adulthood and have started my 5 year old daughter on an impressive collection of her own.

I also updated to a new and improved version of my old BMX bike, but what do you expect from a grown man who still draws cars, right Ben!
You too? Nail on the head dude!

My mother dug up my first understandable "car rendering" from when I was 4...it's a blue tow truck. How random is that?

Also was able to snag a matchbox car collection from the 60's that was my uncle's when we were cleaning out my grandmother's house a few years ago. I was pumped about that!

Hermance Design
My Facebook
Old 02-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Let's see... I'd have to say it would be my old RC-10 Team Car that I bought back in 1991 (I had just turned 12.) Took a lot of lawn mowing to pay for that thing... $179 for the kit, $120 for the Novak 410-MXC speed controller, then motors, batteries, charger, tools, etc. It was the first thing I ever really had to save for and purchase on my own. I still have all the invoices, receipts, and the original box for it... LOL

Had a lot of good times with it both out in front of the house and out racing competitively with it and I learned quite a bit from it.

I found all new old stock parts for it including some very hard to find RPM "Worlds" conversion pieces a couple years back at a hobby store that was going out of business. It is now back to almost "out of the box" condition. It still sits proudly on one of my shelves.

Still into R/C too.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Supporting Member

Hot Wheels. Many of the originals. King Cuda, Light My Firebird, Deora, Chaparral, Corvette, Splittin' Image, T-Bird, Ford Vicky, Mongoose and Snake drag race action set, superchargers, Sizzlers - 69 T/A Firebird, Revin Heavin', you get the idea.

Probably 2 dozen the Monogram models designed by Tom Daniels and some Revell Funny cars - Jungle Jim, Snowman,etc. Dragsters - Tom McKewan, Dn Prudhome. Between those and the Hot Wheels, I think that is where the car bug hit. Loved all of those blower motors.

Estes Rockets - remember trying to light a few in the fireplace when the parents were gone. Went throught a bunch of those. C6-5 and D engines.

HO trains - Tyco, Athern, etc. My son has those now. Couldn't pry them away.

Cox model airplane - nitro on a string ! Comet wood airplanes.

The other cool thing that I don't have any more was a Raleigh Chopper bike. Big Tire in the back, little one up front and gears !!

Also, the Farrah poster that SW has and a few other Charlie's Angels ones.

Smoke Bombs and firecrackers - always a blast.
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/...lownbbchigh.wmv
Project Rides:
1968 Firebird - Blown 540
1987 Blazer 4x4 - Blown 355
2007 Magnum
2010 Camaro SS - LSX Twin Turbo
Old 02-14-2007, 03:01 PM

All i really keep was my guns from my child hood. Most of them arent worth anything just family air looms.
My grandad hunted with them, My dad hunted with them, an i hunted with them when i was a kid.
Damn them things been around. LOL