Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2009, 12:25 AM

I've found that smoking weed and quitting is more in the ritual of smoking than the actual effects from it. Sure it's great to feel that high but when someones quitting I've noticed it's all the stuff that surrounds it that they most miss and have a hard time breaking that routine.

I had a friend that smoked all day everyday. He'd wake up, take a bong hit, eat, do some work, take few more bong hits, chill a little, do some work, etc.(He was a web designer so he worked at home!). He met a girl and she didn't put up with his pot smoking so he tried to quit. Took a while but afterwards that is what he told me. He didn't miss the high as much as he missed all the routine that went on around it. Buying it, prepping it to smoke, smoking it, etc.

After he quit he told me that he never realized how much time in his day was taken up with the pot smoking routine. He had WAY more time now to do other stuff.

John
Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 PM

well its been about a week and im fealling great.im down on my weight/thats for my other post.im quite busy and it feels like i may have this thing beet .my wife is helping me get thrue it,god i love that women/support helps but the decision to qiutwas all mine.between the 5 bills amonth habit and eating like a glutton i can honestly say i feel real good.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedshftr View Post
well its been about a week and im fealling great.im down on my weight/thats for my other post.im quite busy and it feels like i may have this thing beet .my wife is helping me get thrue it,god i love that women/support helps but the decision to qiutwas all mine.between the 5 bills amonth habit and eating like a glutton i can honestly say i feel real good.
More money for parts!!!!

John
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 AM

This is not intended as any sort of comment on those who have done such things. Instead this is an honest thought concerning something that seems to be very popular, and thus I have a question; what is the appeal? now understand that I have never even been drunk before! Thus, I don't get it. Why the desire to drift off onto some less than real experience such as smoking pot, or even in getting drunk? Inquiring minds want to know!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Old 05-05-2009, 10:29 AM

Ever go real fast in a car and you love that feeling? Well, different strokes for different folks. Everyone likes to feel "better" than their natural state. Animals too (I watch the animal planet- they get geeked out as well on certain plants and herbs).

And young man, I would like to commend you on your progress of setting down the sacred blunt. I know getting into sports and/or an excersize routine helped me out also. Keep it up. We're all pulling for you.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM

You will be amazed, sober will be your new high!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cencal69 View Post
Ever go real fast in a car and you love that feeling? Well, different strokes for different folks. Everyone likes to feel "better" than their natural state. Animals too (I watch the animal planet- they get geeked out as well on certain plants and herbs).

And young man, I would like to commend you on your progress of setting down the sacred blunt. I know getting into sports and/or an excersize routine helped me out also. Keep it up. We're all pulling for you.
Hmmm... I think I get what you're saying. Like I said, I certainly don't want anyone to think I am commenting on people who have done such things. I'm just lucky that the desire for some form of escape is not a part of my make up, though, as C. S. Lewis points out, I am sure that I pay for this in that I am lacking the good desire from which this bad one is the extension.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Old 05-05-2009, 03:31 PM

Bill

I can honestly say that this is the first time C.S. Lewis has been quoted on Lateral-G.

My Favorite:

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

Last edited by Ummgawa; 05-05-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummgawa View Post
Bill

I can honestly say that this is the first time C.S. Lewis has been quoted on Lateral-G.

My Favorite:

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
He was most definitely a very intelligent and thoughtful man, from whom we can still learn much.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM

I also like the quote from the Declaration of Independance in your signature.

I am fond of this particular line that talks of a Government that seeks to take away Liberty and the persuit of happiness...

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Hmmmm...

Last edited by Ummgawa; 05-06-2009 at 08:52 AM.