Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-12-2008, 04:16 PM

I guess I'm late for the vote but I just wanted to drop a line to say that the car is cool!

and yeah #1 for me, or maybe #2.........
maybe with a stripe.

2009 Chrysler 300C Touring.
3.0 liter V6 diesel, five speed auto.

1968 Chevelle Coupe.
355cid, Viper T56, Corvette C4 IRS (Dana 44) and C4 IFS. Porsche 6 and 4 piston Brembo's.

1980 Chevy Van (shortie G10).
355cid, TH350, 8.5" 10bolt posi and Belltech spindles.

*NOW PARTING OUT* 2000 BMW 540i Wagon*

Bikes
1968 Benelli City Bike
1990 Yamaha RD 350
1990 Yamaha TZR 125R
1991 Yamaha TZR 125R - RD350 engine, Aprilia RSV forks, RS250 wheels and shock
2010 Buell XB12SS
Old 04-13-2008, 04:42 PM

little update as to the overall votes in various polls I have set up between boards, work, and friends.

#1 - 43 (including your vote Andre... never too late)
#2 - 69
#3 - 16
#4 - 18

As of this post it looks like, in general, everyone likes #2. Many times folks have said either 1 or 2 so those were left out since it wasn't definite, but just goes to show those are the two that are hard to pick.

I am on the fence. If I intend to go to the hassle of putting a parting stripe, it will be dark green. If not, whatever Krylon offers in semi-flat that is close to 1 or 2
Old 04-13-2008, 10:12 PM

OK, hit Advanced Auto and semi-flat black was on sale!! Bought every can and checked out all the paints. Krylon really only had one green I would want, and it is camouflage green that us ultra-flat. The camera wasn't doing the best job in the house tonight but here is what I am going to be using (looks a bit like #1 and #4 had a kid - the cap is just slightly darker than #1 but I bet it turns out darker in reality, more like the green with the striped images).

They have an ultra-flat beige too that I could use to stripe it like stripe top right smile.gif

And you can see on the rear fender why I rattle can the car v. pay real $$ to have it painted nicely....
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 AM

Default I like the bottom left

on the first set you put up, but with the paint colors of #2. The Silver on bottom makes it easier to find on the track and the black on the hood cuts down on glare for the driver.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Cool car! That looks like a blast! What does it weigh?

I was already leaning toward #3 with the orange stripe for the same reasons Payton just noted and it just looks good.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Cool car! That looks like a blast! What does it weigh?

I was already leaning toward #3 with the orange stripe for the same reasons Payton just noted and it just looks good.
right at 2,650lbs even. Not heavy by most standards, but a tank by 914 standards I have a lot of car for 2650lbs tho' and yeah, it is a rocket ship. At sea level, I could roll off the grid line and punch it and hit redline/60mph so fast I could hardly grab second gear. On the track at just over 100mph and going into 3rd

I like the dark combo and orange the best as well actually - you are the only other so far but I am partial as I had a Calypso Coral (aka orange) 70 Mustang Sportsroof for years. I think the rattle can green is going to be very much like the images with the stripes.

Payton - going with the ultra-flat color on top, I should have no glare. In fact, I left the hood primered while I made up my mind on colors just to keep the glare removed and the flat color works perfectly for that. I have no glare, even off the light tan color currently of the thick primer.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 PM

friend sent this... funny cuz the logo is the colors that have been discussed for my car, so maybe I need a Mandles sponsorship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HjQEceCDxw

figured you guys might find some humor out of it in the interim.'

Also, the scheme may change a fair amount more... being a German car a Porsche guy mentioned painting it a bit like a WWII FW190 airplane and after talking to my friend's dad to make sure he was cool with it and actually really thought it would be a "cool little car".

He was shot down over France, spent time in the French Underground before being captured by the Nazis, put in front of a firing squad, spared at the last minute, and spending over a year in a concentration camp! and was interviewed for a History Channel show about 10yrs ago now.

WE OWE A HUGE DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO EVERY VET!! Let's never forget that we are the most powerful nation because of them and freedoms as simple as painting your race car with other country emblems is provided by their service as well.

So, I am seriously considering the black bottom, camo top, large black cross on the hood and a couple ghosted BCs on the wing just like the aircraft shown below. Of course, no swastika as I want no association with the Nazi BS, just the black cross which is a German national symbol and applies to the car. He wants me to paint the nose orange like the FW190s he saw but I won't go that far There was a series called the Red Dragons and I may hit a friend up to see if he can make a sticker graphic to put on the rear fender of a red dragon as well. Car # is obvious then.. 190.
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I like #1 on first post. Really cool car.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 PM

Cool I think I have the finalized concept

So here is #1 with new and improved advanced whitening and tartar control

This may just be the ticket. A bit of a military aircraft theme, bit of German theme, and not too over the top. I will put the number 190 in white on the door in the ghosted cross to match the FW190 aircraft that the idea was taken from for the flags.
Attached Images