Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

You boys holding Faceybook are looking better all the time....
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

dropped just after earnings... hoping for a bounce tomorrow..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, I could have been wrong about it, and don't own it, but I have enough winners to be happy...

We don't get them all right, but all you need is enough right...

Soon to be crazy
Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 AM

Just my humble opinion but hold onto your shorts.. the stock market is only up due to the unlimited quantitative easing policy of the Fed.. its due for a hard fall as it's being propped up right now by phony stimulus.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
Just my humble opinion but hold onto your shorts.. the stock market is only up due to the unlimited quantitative easing policy of the Fed.. its due for a hard fall as it's being propped up right now by phony stimulus.

Go back to page one and re-read the entire thread.... you've missed something.

Go back and look at stocks on a longer term chart and you'll see that for the most part the TRENDS are lower on the left hand side - and higher on the right hand side of the chart. That trend (say the last 10 years) is what INVESTORS are looking for. Looked at this way - "opinions" - don't hold much water.

Now -- in the TREASURY market -- the FED has played a major role. They have been massive buyers - and that holds RATES DOWN. When they stop buying and let rates rise - then I'd say "hold on to your shorts" because the bottom "might/could" cause a lot of loss of face value. But that is an entirely different market - and most market participants should certainly be aware of this situation. Would the "spill over" affect other markets? That's just pure hypothesis and speculation.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Go back to page one and re-read the entire thread.... you've missed something.

Go back and look at stocks on a longer term chart and you'll see that for the most part the TRENDS are lower on the left hand side - and higher on the right hand side of the chart. That trend (say the last 10 years) is what INVESTORS are looking for. Looked at this way - "opinions" - don't hold much water.

Now -- in the TREASURY market -- the FED has played a major role. They have been massive buyers - and that holds RATES DOWN. When they stop buying and let rates rise - then I'd say "hold on to your shorts" because the bottom "might/could" cause a lot of loss of face value. But that is an entirely different market - and most market participants should certainly be aware of this situation. Would the "spill over" affect other markets? That's just pure hypothesis and speculation.
I'd say that'd be a big yes.

I know how the trajectory goes in grand scheme. There are a lot of players that have barely regained what they've lost from 08. Factor in real world inflation though, that is the kick. Not saying you'll get hurt Greg, but others not as knowledge or insulated might.

At sometime I think the market will burst with this dollar ponzi scheme and the economy they are trying to prop up. But I hope it doesn't. It's just my depreciated .02 cents. You know I gotta pop in every few months and say that. lol Good luck out there.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 AM

I have to agree...As long as Bernanke keeps pumping the system, we will continue upward.

But as soon as he stops priming the pump, we will see the large correction..How large ? That is speculation..And when ? More speculation.

I got out and back in from 2007 to 2009 and missed taking a large hit..I plan to do the same..

I still own my Precious metals and I am scaling back on Bonds.

But I am also ready to move larger sums when what I think the BIG correction begins.

Then buy back at a lower price...Last time in 2009 it was a Fire sale at 55% off.

It is not a time for a guy like me who lives off the money to set it and forget it...

Soon to be crazy

Last edited by Bucketlist2012; 01-31-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM

Heard thus tid bit an wanted others perspective. Now this sort of ruffles the purpose of this thread but with good intents.

Foreign currency investing

Iraqi Dinar in question. Currently at 1/100 of a cent roughly where it was 3.25 to 1 USD in the 90's.

Did some online research and found that the Iraq budget is supposedly to be set 2/5/13 which could lead to a revaluation of the Dinar thus yielding great returns.

one source I found
http://dinarwatchdog.com/

What I didnt see is prior revaluations and or inputs to industry of this country that is restructuring/ rebuilding to make the currency increase. Although it does have one the the biggest oil reserves in the world.

If this is true , a 1G USD investment could make overnight Millionaires if the Dinar was set equal to the dollar. Does seem this idea has been going on for sometime.

Anyone here have better input?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takid455 View Post
Heard thus tid bit an wanted others perspective. Now this sort of ruffles the purpose of this thread but with good intents.

Foreign currency investing

Iraqi Dinar in question. Currently at 1/100 of a cent roughly where it was 3.25 to 1 USD in the 90's.

Did some online research and found that the Iraq budget is supposedly to be set 2/5/13 which could lead to a revaluation of the Dinar thus yielding great returns.

one source I found
http://dinarwatchdog.com/

What I didnt see is prior revaluations and or inputs to industry of this country that is restructuring/ rebuilding to make the currency increase. Although it does have one the the biggest oil reserves in the world.

If this is true , a 1G USD investment could make overnight Millionaires if the Dinar was set equal to the dollar. Does seem this idea has been going on for sometime.

Anyone here have better input?

This SCAM has been circulating for about 5 years now....

Here's my advice. Take your 1G and toss it in the street - you'll have better odds of becoming a millionaire.

Or actually do some real research - starting with checking your "story" out... just Google "Iraq Dinar investing" and just read any of the first 2 or 3 stories.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Looked deeper at some more trusted sites and saw the story. Funny how this revaluation is stated for 'next tuesday' (meaning it never happens). I thought something was up when it seemed to good to be true. Could it happen, sure, but doubt it will be an overnight drastic change.