Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-21-2006, 02:29 AM

There ain´t no thing as overkill!

Alex
Old 12-21-2006, 02:35 AM

LOL....I'm trying to keep a balance to the car and not just go with the whole "bigger is better" theory. I think some of the wheel sizes they are using now look kind of goofy. I don't want that for this car. Also, I don't want to look at it in a few years and have it looked dated. I want to try and maintain a classic feel to it with modern upgrades.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanutcase
LOL....I'm trying to keep a balance to the car and not just go with the whole "bigger is better" theory. I think some of the wheel sizes they are using now look kind of goofy. I don't want that for this car. Also, I don't want to look at it in a few years and have it looked dated. I want to try and maintain a classic feel to it with modern upgrades.
I see your point but i do not think that the width of the tires will upset this. If you had gone for 20" rims instead of 18" i would agree that you would have gone to big. In my opinion you will not change the "classic" feel by the width of the tires. That is more to the point of the size and design of the rims.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:58 AM

I agree although sometimes when you have such a wide tire it gives that "streetsweeper" effect which is what I don't like about Drag cars. I'm also concerned with the geometry of the rear and how this will affect it. I will have to punch this into my friends suspension program and see where we are at with it. Here are the wheels I am thinking of going with:

I'm thinking polished hoops and brushed centers. What do you think?

BTW.....Kadette how is your project coming along?

Last edited by novanutcase; 12-21-2006 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 AM

I see your point and never the less it is your choice. Sound like an interesting program? How does it calculate the rear end geometry? And what does it tell?

Real nice rims!

My project is not really started yet. I still wait for my car to arrive. By now it is somewhere on the ocean between US and Denmark. I hope to have it by start of january. And then all the work will begin. But i try to have as much ready as i can before i have the car. Then i will be able to have it running by summer.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:46 AM

Check it out!

http://www.performancetrends.com/SuspAnzr.htm

It's kind of confusing at first if you don't understand all the terms! If you really want to learn about how a suspension works and how to design it start by reading a book called "Chassis Engineering" by Herb Adams. It will open your eyes as to how suspensions really work and the compromises that engineers have to make when they do design them.

I bet you can't wait to tear into your car huh???!!!??

Good Luck!

John
Old 12-21-2006, 05:37 AM

Looks like a very interesting program. That will be fun to play around with. But i propably need to read that book first. I better do that before i decide on how to design front and rearend on my nova. When i have to do i better do i right. I will do a rather big order from amazon soon i think. My intention is to build everything on the car myself or with help from friends. And also paint the car myself.

No i am really looking forward to get the car. And to see it in person. I hope i will not be disappointed. Between christmas and newyear i friend and I are going to make some room for the car and shine up the garage. Then i cannot wait to get the car and start to fabricate on it. Then i just need a hell of a lot of parts from the US. This i my first complete project so it is very fun to look for and decide wat parts to go with. I hope the final result will be killer!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:53 AM

Yes, read the book. There are others that you will want to read also but that is definitely a good starting point!

Do you know how to Mig and Tig weld? I ask this because you say you want to try and do the car yourself so if you are, knowing how to weld will be a big plus.

As far as parts, contact me and let me know what you need. I'll try and hook you up with some discounts. I have a few friends that will give discounts on certain parts like wheels and brakes.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:05 PM

I will surely buy the book and see what i can learn.

Yes i do know how to weld. And have access to both mig and tig welders. But i hope i do not need to weld that much on the car. It should be a quite good starting point. And i do not intend to make big changes to the body of the car. I already has shaved doorhandles and gas filler cap. And it has an minitub.

Okay i will need both brakes and wheels but have not decided which yet. And then i will need a coil over front clip.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Go 335's