Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 PM

The Ride Tech Triple's retail for $1300.00 per pr. w/spring's.They are an awesome pc.They come w/ canister mount's,and 1/2" & 5/8" CNC'd spacer Bushing's.The machining is a work of art.And they Work very well.Kevin's has turned into a real performer w/the Ride Tech shock's and 4-Link system.I have seen the JRI's and They are top notch.Everybody need's to buy the brand they feel will work best for them.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 PM

So I'm considering the dse subrame and quadralink but it seems there are now questions about the durability of the shocks. I don't want any strung out noisy shocks for the street (been there done that) that blow their seals and leak from daily driving. Maybe someone from jri or dse could comment?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRob View Post
So I'm considering the dse subrame and quadralink but it seems there are now questions about the durability of the shocks. I don't want any strung out noisy shocks for the street (been there done that) that blow their seals and leak from daily driving. Maybe someone from jri or dse could comment?
DSE would not have switched to JRI if they did not believe that would improve their subframes in either performance, quality, or both.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRob View Post
I wouldn't be concerned about the AFCO(aka DSE) being low quality and blowing out. This isnt an issue with the AFCO's being bad, but the JRi's being better.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_Z28 View Post
I wouldn't be concerned about the AFCO(aka DSE) being low quality and blowing out. This isnt an issue with the AFCO's being bad, but the JRi's being better.
I have AFCO shocks on a few cars. I have had really good results.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:56 PM

Sorry my comments were more along the lines of them switching from the tried and tested afcos to the new jri's which may or may not be as durable.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 PM

I tend to agree that they wouldn't use a shock that isn't proven, reliable, and a better performer. Time will tell.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_Z28 View Post
They put it best themselves:

http://www.jrishocks.com/advantage/
So,do You have any real working knowledge of the Ride Tech shock's.What Shock's are you using and how much testing have you done.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
So,do You have any real working knowledge of the Ride Tech shock's.What Shock's are you using and how much testing have you done.
Fox knows how to build a quality shock....majority of their shocks are beat to crap on lifted truck/rock crawlers....Ridetech knows this and thats how Ridetechs shocks are proven.

DSE will do well with JRI, otherwise they will stand behind them and fix any issues which i doubt will arise.

Matt
866-628-8746

TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)

www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:22 PM

Ironworks is a dealer for both Ridetech and JRI. I Met JJ at the GNRS back in January. I was impressed by the ability to get to talk to a guy who tunes shock on a race car any given weekend. Bret and those guys know their product but they are not marketing their shock to the same market. I like to have smart friends, they get you out of a pinch when needed.

I think there is a place for both in the market. We have been selling Ridetech coilover's on our chassis's since they came on the market. Ridetech makes a really nice shock that is built by a quality company named FOX. Now JRI I took as being the more race oriented shock. They are have shocks for all kinds of racing applications. Sprint Cars to Drag Cars. Sure a guy can put race shocks on his daily driver, But how many guys are going to step up to a bad ass set of double adjustable from JRI at 3600 bucks for the set. Not to many. Now race car guys looking for any kind of edge will be all over it no matter the cost.

Is one better then the other? I would hope that the top end JRI shock at twice the money for the top end Ridetech would be better. They have the same sales margin, so there is no more money for the dealers. So unless JRI is just killing it I would hope it is stuffed with a little better parts here and there on the inside. You can always find something better for more money, I still believe you can get what you pay for, But is there a market to sell that better product. People can only buy the quality they can afford. I think when you get to the upper skill level of anything and you can notice the difference then they are meant for you.

We offer them for the guys who wants them. Some guys will spend big money just because they can. I have used lots of other brand of shocks and I think these to brands cover the basis for all the guys looking at out production chassis's and our custom builds.