Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Kelle and I met on the Hot Rod Power Tour back in '99... my car broke in her hometown and she happend to be a local farm girl who jumped in to help us fix it. In high school, she not only won FFA Fair Queen but also won a blue ribbon at the state fair for a small engine display. Today she's a very competent welder, likes fabricating steel parts, and she loves to do the jobs most of us hate - like removing windows and replacing weatherstip and fuzzies, rebuilding regulators, and putting it all back together and aligning it all... and having it all work! (That's on the next V8TV in 2 weeks.)

Today is our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. She's out at the shop grinding on some fenders right now.

I'm a lucky guy in that we can work together on everything we do, and that we build our cars together.
Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
https://www.v8speedshop.com

Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 PM

Congrats, sounds like you got a good one there.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 PM

You're all very blessed folks. Congrats Kev !

My wife could care less about cars - and simply tolerates my projects because that's what I enjoy. Can't count the number of times she's gone with me to car shows and gone off to some shaded area to read a book while I check cars or (even worse) dig through the swap meet area.... Not many women would even tolerate that much car stuff - so I guess I'm blessed too !

Frank, maybe Lisa could/will be the next listed 'builder' of a car. I don't think I've ever see that before - so it could be a first.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 PM

My girlfriend wants to learn more and more about cars and the way they go together. She's got a nice Scion TC that she wants to modify a bit as well. And then there's the 68-72 Nova that she has fallen in love with. Good thing we're both broke or we'd both be getting dirty in the garage... in more ways than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
There are some good pics of her doing the console.
Now you HAVE to know that there are some people out there (namely me... ) who would take this entirely out of context.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack_talker
After her story was in Hot Rod, she was on that board for a few weeks. I'm not sure if the leghumpers or a-holes chased her away but she's gone there too. Too bad she seemed like a nice cool car girl.
That Liz girl did seem cool. I actually talked with her once through e-mail, but you can tell that she seems to be trying to cash in on the "im a girl in this hobby" bit. Sure, dont get me wrong, I love to see my car in magazines too as do many of us, but I would never disrespect the hobby and all the guys in it by asking for money. Thats not what this is all about.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAW_Theresa
Mary Pozzi! That woman rocks.
http://www.americanautowire.com/Pink.html
X2

Great lady...and a hell of a driver.

www.buickfunnycar.com
http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

I have a unique one myself.... She can tell you the firing order on a small block chev, I have seen change starters on our old Ford Diesel p/u and she officially dropped the four speed and transfer case out from under my old 4x4 on to her leg..... fast forward ten years..... she is still telling me what to do but now there is no grease under her finger nails ... .... On the other hand, she is a better shot with a handgun than I am, half descent with a shotgun on live birds, loves fishing and is a hell of a good cook...... She is also not half bad lookin either . I just got lucky, got her drunk and knocked her up.....
Old 07-31-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony@AirRideTech
On the other hand, she is a better shot with a handgun than I am, half descent with a shotgun on live birds, loves fishing and is a hell of a good cook...... She is also not half bad lookin either . I just got lucky, got her drunk and knocked her up.....
OK Tony, you know the rules. You cannot make a comment like that without pictures!

Of the shotgun of coarse!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8TV
Kelle and I met on the Hot Rod Power Tour back in '99... my car broke in her hometown and she happend to be a local farm girl who jumped in to help us fix it. In high school, she not only won FFA Fair Queen but also won a blue ribbon at the state fair for a small engine display. Today she's a very competent welder, likes fabricating steel parts, and she loves to do the jobs most of us hate - like removing windows and replacing weatherstip and fuzzies, rebuilding regulators, and putting it all back together and aligning it all... and having it all work! (That's on the next V8TV in 2 weeks.)

Today is our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. She's out at the shop grinding on some fenders right now.

I'm a lucky guy in that we can work together on everything we do, and that we build our cars together.
Happy Anniversary! Kelle is the real deal. When I saw the video of her at 3:00AM covered in PE filler dust before last SEMA I was sold.

You forgot to mention she is pretty good on both ends of the camera, and damn cute too. Oh, that Kevin's a big guy, hope it was OK to say that?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM

Thats Cool does she have a hot sister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8TV