Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Great work guys!

Digital age has brought a whole new dimension to renderings!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Default Thanks and hello

Thanks for the comments and compliments guys. This is my first post here so hello to everyone who doesn't already know me from PT.com or musclerides. Let me just say that Carter is absolutely excellent to work with and very fair with his pricing in my opinion.
The car is in the works as I speak and when I have a fair amount of progress I will post it in the projects section. I work by myself on the car and do as much as possible myself which makes for slow progress. Also most of the past couple of months has been spent gathering parts and getting up the cash for more.
So far the car is broken down to the shell, and mounted on the rottiserie. I have done the neccessary floor patches along with a pair of DSE mini-tubs. The rear suspension is a Lateral-Dynamics 3-link, and the installation has already been completed by myself. Only the floor pans have been media blasted as this has been my area of concentration so far. When the undercarriage cutting and welding is through I will blast and prime the entire shell and be ready to post up pics. It'll look a little rough until then so that is one reason for waiting.
The Front will be a DSE sub-frame which is already here along with the DSE sub-frame connectors which are also here. Shocks on all four corners will be AFCO M2 double adjustable coil-overs with remote reservoir which are also already on my shelf. Brakes are C6 Zo6, the front is a no brainer with the vette spindles already there, and the rear will be using a kit from Tobin at Kore3 which allows the Zo6 rears with factory parking brake on the nine inch Ford housing.
Power will be from a modified 07 LS2 which I purchased as a take out with only 80 miles (the owner swapped an LS7 into his new vert) along with a Tremec TKO 600.
Wheels are forgelines, and other details will be forthcoming. The finished product should remain nearly 100% true to the rendering.
Special thanks to Carter for the killer rendering and Frank for some killer parts deals.

Tommy

Last edited by ParkerRS; 08-08-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Default 72 Camaro rendering

Carter the artwork is fantastic! Love the Rally sport Jim Hall stripe, goes VERY well with the lines of the car, and the color choice is perfect. The rendering is so good it almost looks like a photo of a real car. I did the blacked out rear valance on my own car, a 72 Z28. Kinda sorta a what if chevy said, since 72 is the last year of a big block in a Camaro, lets go all out and build a 454 big block Z! I always wondered what it would have been like. Cant wait to see this car come to life, its gonna look great! Send us some progress pics!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:58 AM

I started a new thread in the progress section finally for this build.

Tommy