Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 04-30-2007, 12:44 PM

I do not want to steal the thread, so I will make it short and post some pics in its own thread. In summary, it is not much, just your average everyday World Products Special Edition all aluminum hydraulic roller pump gas 758 HP / 701 TQ monster. We worked together with Bill Mitchell to spec out a hydraulic roller that is both driveable and still makes incredible power.

Like I said, I will post more pics and info. I am doing the identical motor in a 57 Chevy right now I am going to hell for. The car just scored 975 in the restored class at Classic Chevy 2 months ago, and were molesting it, LOL!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 PM

big hp and driveable
Thanks Frank keep us posted
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Thats cool Frank , more pics the better.......... Ok after much thought ....I have to get something ordered this week !!! It will be an 18/8 18/10 combo. I,m down to 2 wheels Budnik ICE,Bonspeed CLUTCH anybody have any thoughts?????
Old 04-30-2007, 08:00 PM

Yep nobody can make your wheel choice for you. It is one of those decisions that comes down to your taste.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:28 PM

I struggled with the same decision for a long time. I went with TT m's. Basically they are like the TT2's but a colored center is an option.

I think the internet is the biggest reason that we all think these wheels are too common. If you honestly sit back and think about it, how many people do you know in your area with the same wheels

I am happy with my decision and I am sure you will be also, because as was already said, they look great on any car. One of my favorite cars I have ever seen was a 54' Corvette with 17x8 TT2's all the way around. Stunning car!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM

I'm in the same boat as you since I'm buying wheels shortly. Then I think about it, and I have NEVER seen another car in my area with 18" TTII's, which I plan on buying. Even here in MN with the Car Craft Summer Nats, I see a few there....but never out on the streets. I doubt I'd even be parked in the same zip code as another on a normal day.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh69
I'm in the same boat as you since I'm buying wheels shortly. Then I think about it, and I have NEVER seen another car in my area with 18" TTII's, which I plan on buying. Even here in MN with the Car Craft Summer Nats, I see a few there....but never out on the streets. I doubt I'd even be parked in the same zip code as another on a normal day.
where are you from in MN?? I am in the Mankato area, and I am busting my ass to be at Car Craft. If you are there look for the MNFbody club and My 2000 NBM Camaro!!

Sorry for the hijack!!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:19 PM

If you go on EBay Discount tire is elling off their Halibrand Grand Sports wheels. They are in late model offset but the price is unbeatable. $650 for 4 17's and 18's and the chrome are like $850?? Very different looking and price will leave more than enough for spacers or suspension mods.

Type in Halibrand for your search.

Brian
Old 05-21-2007, 12:40 AM

If you're interested, here's some "non professional" pictures of some 20" TTII's on my Gbody. I say "non professional" cause sometimes on websites and flyers they look one way, but when you see them in person they look entirely different.

Adam
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
where are you from in MN?? I am in the Mankato area, and I am busting my ass to be at Car Craft. If you are there look for the MNFbody club and My 2000 NBM Camaro!!

Sorry for the hijack!!
I'm in Rockford (just west of Mpls), but the car is being painted in St. Clair, just outside of Mankato, where my parents live. Should be in color in about 2-3 weeks.