Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2005, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
Define "factory"

So if I ordered up a foose Camaro that would be a factory car?

Rules make me -->

And I will take the 1/16th please.. or a 32/33nd version to save weight
Love'em, but I don't know anything about Camaros. Is that like a '69 COPO Yenko? I didn't know Foose did any work for Chevrolet on Camaros.

Steve, I didn't make the rules. Rules make me barf. They are meant to be fractured. My car doesn't qualify because I am building it. Mine will be lighter than the "factory" car and have more hp after adding the Procharger (later).

You can look up "factory" at www.m-w.com, if you don't know what it means. Better yet, contact the people at Guinness Book of Records. That's the definition being used. Or, you could just click on this video of the 9.8 second record-setting run, or the pictures at the bottom of the page, and simply enjoy it...

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/newrecord.html

I almost forgot... Print that side view picture out so that the body is 9.75" long and there's your 1/16th scale. That will be $5,312.50 please. Hope you like red!
'05 Ultima GTR: - 2200# mid-engine. LS7 or dry-sump, solid-roller, 402 LS2, AFR 225, FAST (Intake, TB), or SBC with same options and EFI. Looking for 600+ fwHP and 500-600 Ft/Lb on 91 pump gas. Pix at http://www.ihp.com
Old 07-27-2005, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builder
Love'em, but I don't know anything about Camaros. Is that like a '69 COPO Yenko? I didn't know Foose did any work for Chevrolet on Camaros.

Steve, I didn't make the rules. Rules make me barf. They are meant to be fractured. My car doesn't qualify because I am building it. Mine will be lighter than the "factory" car and have more hp after adding the Procharger (later).

You can look up "factory" at www.m-w.com, if you don't know what it means. Better yet, contact the people at Guinness Book of Records. That's the definition being used. Or, you could just click on this video of the 9.8 second record-setting run, or the pictures at the bottom of the page, and simply enjoy it...

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/newrecord.html

I almost forgot... Print that side view picture out so that the body is 9.75" long and there's your 1/16th scale. That will be $5,312.50 please. Hope you like red!
Hope ya know I was just razzing you on the "factory" deal..

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 07-27-2005, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
Hope ya know I was just razzing you on the "factory" deal..
Yeah, I know. Just razzing back.

It's just too bad that it's not a more open test. I mean, for a car to shine (any car), it's got to have a venue to show off a little. That Cuda can't compete. My car can't compete...and it's an Ultima!!!

There are a bunch of faster (in a straight line) street-legal cars out there. I guess they have to put some sort of limits on the type of competition, but, what happens when the "Blue Devil" hits the streets? It's a lot easier for Ultima, than Chevy, to tell it's "factory" engine builder (American Speed) to produce a twin-turbo SBC that will hold off all comers for a long time. Does that mean it's a "factory" car? I guess so, by definition. So, it will hold the record again.

My guess is the parameters could be opened up a little and the Ultima would still hold it's own. In the GTR, the 100-0 part only takes 4 seconds.

My personal opinion...lap times on a road-course, by the same unbiased driver, is the only real test.
'05 Ultima GTR: - 2200# mid-engine. LS7 or dry-sump, solid-roller, 402 LS2, AFR 225, FAST (Intake, TB), or SBC with same options and EFI. Looking for 600+ fwHP and 500-600 Ft/Lb on 91 pump gas. Pix at http://www.ihp.com
Old 07-28-2005, 10:26 PM

builder , where can you do that at . would like to see how my camaro would do .

thanks rick kirkindall
Old 07-28-2005, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil427z

thanks rick kirkindall
The Z-2-Z is part of the race weekend at the Silver State Classic, which is held a couple of times per year out of Ely, Nevada. Here's the website... Good luck! It would be great to see you out there. Please let me know if you are heading out. Maybe, if I am lucky and fast, my Ultima will be done in time for next May.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil427z

thanks rick kirkindall
Rick,

Just a quick follow up. When they told me about this 0-200-0 "race", I contacted some folks that have Ultima GTRs that are known to reach 200 mph. The question I had was what distance did they cover to get up to 200. The answer was well in excess of a mile...probably 1.5 to 1.6 to get up there. And, that was at sea level.

The Silver State race was being held in Ely, Nevada, which is over 7,500' above sea level (density altitude = 6,500' + adjustment for temp and humidity). I figured that none of the cars that were listed to compete would do it in a mile. None did. I think the closest anyone got was 182.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedLT5
It would be interesting to see how Lingenfelter's twin turbo corvette would do in this test. If i remember correctly it acheived 60mph in 1.97 seconds, and was eventually tuned to do the 1/4 in 8.9 seconds. This is all street legal too. I have video if someone wants to host them i can send them.

Anthony
(new member, found you guys through Chevelle forums, and love the cars i see so far)
What is the addy for Chevelle forums?? I am looking for a 70 SS.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:02 PM

thanks .

rick kirkindall
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack_talker
What is the addy for Chevelle forums?? I am looking for a 70 SS.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/index.php?
They don't allow classifieds in the forums, all ads are located here: http://www.chevelles.com/classifieds/
Old 10-12-2005, 04:09 AM

Just started ordering drive train parts for My Ultima GTR build. Got to finish the camaro first but the GTR will be yellow with a G50/52 Proshe trans and a SCB from Amerspeed or the 454 Motown. Should be nice. Its a 3-4 month wait to get the car from the UK.
chirs