Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy211
Tamiya Hornet! It was my first RC car I ever owned. Got it for one of my birthdays right after I saw a Hobby store while on summer vacation is Seattle.
WOW! I use to have the Tamiya Frog! I still have my RC10 that I had since I was 10!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:00 PM

I admire your ride Frank, The stud of 6th grade, My Mom did not have alot of money But I loved to tour the schwinn shop on a regular basis this was my love, when I turned 14 I gave it to a family member and was stolen, I replaced it off ebay I had been looking and looking and found the exact bike down to the date code and is not restored. Kinda a dark pic and no pedals so the kids dont try and ride it.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Supporting Member

Stole this picture from ebay... easier than snapping a pic of mine and uploading it myself.

I got one of these for my birthday when I was pretty young... They also made a "9600" version with a cab that was the "holy grail" to me when I was young. I now have 6 of those, and one of them in the box, which I paid more for than I did for the car I drive to work every day.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyCustoms
Single digits would be my Schwinn Orange Crate

Here is a pic of a Apple Crate

That thing is sweet!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 AM

Default I got into rc racing as well

My first car was an RC 10 that I took to a 4 state regional in Tx. I later sold it for a Losi car. The Losi was much faster and easier to drive
Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 AM

I still have boxes of trading cards from the 70's Baseball, football ect... plus 2 sets of Battlestar galactica, some Charlies Angles and even Mork and Mindy Cards! Wish I still had the Farrah poster. What about Cheryl Tiggs? had that one too, but long since gone. Still got the Trains and some Revel models that I built. Turning the wayback meter up, I have some tools from my grandad that date to the 1800's and some famly heirlooms from the civil war!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:06 PM

Talking

I have a 1969 Orange Krate that I restored, A Schwinn StingRay from 1970 that I restored for my then 9 year old Daughter, 5 speed, tall sissy bar, etc. I have a mint GI JOE space capsule with a mint GI JOE in full space man uniform, GI JOE Jeep with trailer (working Cannon and Light). I also have a Major Matt Mason-anybody remember that?

Here is the cool part. I lived in Atlanta in the West End back when it was a safe area to live in (1 mile form Fort McPherson) during the 60's(64-69). Me and my buddies always played under my house in the crawl space and made towns out of the dirt. We had 100's of Hot Wheels. We moved in 69 and lived 23 miles from my previous address. About two years ago, I decided to stop by and knock on the door to my childhood home. The man and woman my parents sold the house to still lived there. I asked them if they minded if I went into the crawl space to see if any of my old Hot Wheels might still be there. They said "Go Ahead". I was under there for about 30 minutes with no luck. Then I remembered that I used to line my Hot Wheels up on the ledge of the foundation in the very back of the basement because my neighbor would get under there and steal them. First let me tell ya that that place was huge when I was 7 years old. It got smaller. Well. I shimmied my fat ass to the back and Lo and Behold, my faithful Hot Wheels were sitting there waiting on my return in 2005. They were all as rough as a night in Jail. I also found my Hot Wheels carrying case, still intact, laying on the ledge. Here is the kicker-I had gotten a new Hot Wheel called the "Boss Hoss" a chrome Mustang with stickers for the doors, badge, etc. It was still there in the original unopened package-right there on the ledge. I picked it up and the package disintegrated almost instantly in my hand. Here is the cool part- the Hot Wheel was in perfect condition. I have it on my shelf in my living room. The rest of the Hot Wheels were rusty and beat to Hell, now living in quiet retirement in the Hot Wheels Case. I'd post a photo but the picture is to high resolution- maybe I can send it to an administrator and they can post it.

Last edited by Ummgawa; 02-15-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Dicky Johnson/Johnny Dixon Disease
Old 02-15-2007, 05:44 PM

My black belt that took me 14 years to get.

and not because i never went.. but because the style was insanely hard to complete.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM

My first "hat trick" and "playmaker" patches from youth hockey, and a trophy from my 1st "big" hockey tournament, all circa 1982. Ahhh, the good 'ole days.

Phil
Old 02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummgawa
I have a 1969 Orange Krate that I restored, A Schwinn StingRay from 1970 that I restored for my then 9 year old Daughter, 5 speed, tall sissy bar, etc. I have a mint GI JOE space capsule with a mint GI JOE in full space man uniform, GI JOE Jeep with trailer (working Cannon and Light). I also have a Major Matt Mason-anybody remember that?

Here is the cool part. I lived in Atlanta in the West End back when it was a safe area to live in (1 mile form Fort McPherson) during the 60's(64-69). Me and my buddies always played under my house in the crawl space and made towns out of the dirt. We had 100's of Hot Wheels. We moved in 69 and lived 23 miles from my previous address. About two years ago, I decided to stop by and knock on the door to my childhood home. The man and woman my parents sold the house to still lived there. I asked them if they minded if I went into the crawl space to see if any of my old Hot Wheels might still be there. They said "Go Ahead". I was under there for about 30 minutes with no luck. Then I remembered that I used to line my Hot Wheels up on the ledge of the foundation in the very back of the basement because my neighbor would get under there and steal them. First let me tell ya that that place was huge when I was 7 years old. It got smaller. Well. I shimmied my fat ass to the back and Lo and Behold, my faithful Hot Wheels were sitting there waiting on my return in 2005. They were all as rough as a night in Jail. I also found my Hot Wheels carrying case, still intact, laying on the ledge. Here is the kicker-I had gotten a new Hot Wheel called the "Boss Hoss" a chrome Mustang with stickers for the doors, badge, etc. It was still there in the original unopened package-right there on the ledge. I picked it up and the package disintegrated almost instantly in my hand. Here is the cool part- the Hot Wheel was in perfect condition. I have it on my shelf in my living room. The rest of the Hot Wheels were rusty and beat to Hell, now living in quiet retirement in the Hot Wheels Case. I'd post a photo but the picture is to high resolution- maybe I can send it to an administrator and they can post it.

Too Cool, Jim! Great story and congratulations on going back and recovering them!