Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM

Pizza isn't bad in moderation. Kelli makes them with a whole wheat crust and light cheese and I've grown to like them better.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:56 PM

your right and I had a salad before to help fill me up. It was take out but maybe its time for a pizza stone....
Old 08-25-2012, 04:22 PM

I just spent the past hour watching one of the most interesting and thought provoking documentaries on health living. It's a BBC production that was uploaded to youtube in its entirety.

Its all about the impact of various forms of fasting or even periodic calorie restriction can have on health, risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, Alzheimers, etc.

I'd love to hear what others think so watch it

PS. Today is day 62 since I started using myfitnesspal and about 90 days since I got a pedometer. My goal was to increase my activity level on a general day to day basis without having to fit in a formal workout and to eat a bit healthier diet without swinging the pendulum so far it would be unsustainable. The first month with the Pedometer I didn't see any change in weight other than I stopped gaining weight. The past 62 days I've only failed to get some form of cardio exercise (most of it simply fast paced walking that gets my heart rate up) about 5 days.

In that time I've lost about 19 lbs and my waistline is much smaller by how lose my clothes are fitting. Belly fat = bad stuff so I'm pretty stoked.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 08-25-2012, 06:32 PM

Good to hear Chad, I'll have to watch the video when I get a chance. I hit my goal weight of 175 lbs on Wednesday myself. That's 20 lbs down this year. I'm in the best all around shape of my life. All you wanna be race car drivers better watch out. I've got less static weight and more ego than ever. ha ha

Last edited by Vegas69; 08-25-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I read a few dozen pages of this book last night and I'm sold... ordering it today.

Essentially the establishment is dead wrong on butter, animal fats cholesterol, etc. They are blamed for heart disease when heavily processes vegetable oils are to blame.

And then is goes into studying diet and health from different cultures. Dr. Price found out that people who's diet consisted of grass fed animal meats, butter and diary were the models of perfect health and disease such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease were non existent. Comparing that to our western diet of processed grains, flours and sugar and our health issues, it points out the difference.

Some of it read like a scientific ingredients guide to health too.

The Amazon reviews are a good insight about the book and if you have a Kindle you can download preview.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 08-28-2012, 05:23 PM

So did any of you know you could die while trying to loose weight? I almost did the other night. If for some reason I had been recording myself I could have made a bunch of money with about 2million hits on youtube by now.

A little back story my shop is pretty infested with brown spiders. I'm not sure what kind of spiders they are. I call them "path" spiders because every where I walk the damn things have made another web in my path. Other than being annoyed they do not really bother me and I am not scared of spiders.

So I was cruising along at a good clip on the elliptical. I happened to notice one of my spider friends about 10 feet away. I don't know what spiders talk about to each other but I know for sure there is some sort of communication.(more on this later)

So this spider catches my attention and I start watching him making a web from the 69' Camaro to the roof. Up and down up and down. I am watching this obvious diversion going on when the spider gives the signal to his partner. You see while I was watching the first spider was making his web another spider that was in on the conspiracy must have been told I had killed a few hundred of his ancestors over the years and they had put a hit out on me. The second spider dropped from the ceiling above me and stopped 3 inches in front of my nose. Now as I said before I am not scared of spiders but I don't think I have ever been sneak attacked by one. Maybe I am a little more afraid than I though I was because my reaction was to step and move back. This was not the best split second decision I have ever made since I was basically running in place at the time.

I don't know exactly what happened next (that would have helped to have video) but trying to stay in an upright position was a challenge to say the least. Their plan is that I would fall to my demise spitting my head open on the concrete floor. I did foil their plan because there was a 78 Silverado only a foot or so away. I can attest the mirror on the door will hold all of my falling weight.

I have not completely planned my retaliation but when I do I'm going in fast and hard.

Richard J.
If only I had the time talent and money to build everything in my head

Last edited by gearheads78; 08-28-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is f'n hysterical!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Crack kills...
Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Thanked 1,766 Times in 954 Posts

Just for you - click if you dare

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 08-29-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM

I HATE spiders.

That is one way to get me to run for miles... chase me with bucket of spiders.