Password

Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Man, good stuff as usual. And as usual, i've have nothing to say.....but
Old 02-25-2014, 08:10 AM

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts
Default BitCoin -- again....

Can't say you weren't warned... at least not if you've read this thread.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/25/tech...mtgox-bitcoin/
Old 02-25-2014, 09:40 AM

Bitcoin player just got bit
--------------
This market is entertaining, my good stocks are off 0.20% this morning and my risky Game Stop purchase is up 6%
Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Bitcoin player just got bit
--------------
This market is entertaining, my good stocks are off 0.20% this morning and my risky Game Stop purchase is up 6%

When you understand how the market works day to day -- please post it up so I will finally be able to figure it out...
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
When you understand how the market works day to day -- please post it up so I will finally be able to figure it out...
I will...........right after I hit the MegaBucks jackpot.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
I will...........right after I hit the MegaBucks jackpot.

By the way -- My point was that does anyone really know or think they know why the market works the way it does... I certainly don't. One week you're clicking on all 8 -- the next week the market is going up and your stuff is all going nowhere... They report bad news on the TV and the market goes up - they report good news and the market goes down.

I've never been able to get it.

Let's just look at Microsoft the COMPANY -- they just kill it in profit - sales - money in the bank... and Microsoft the STOCK goes nowhere for 10 years. Go figure.

Another money losing company has a decent quarter and the stock puts on $10 a share. Go figure.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:20 PM

Every new investor should read these -- every experienced investor should have them in neon on their wall.

http://www.marketfolly.com/2009/09/t...tt-quotes.html
Old 02-26-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
By the way -- My point was that does anyone really know or think they know why the market works the way it does... I certainly don't. One week you're clicking on all 8 -- the next week the market is going up and your stuff is all going nowhere... They report bad news on the TV and the market goes up - they report good news and the market goes down.

Let's just look at Microsoft the COMPANY -- they just kill it in profit - sales - money in the bank... and Microsoft the STOCK goes nowhere for 10 years. Go figure.

Another money losing company has a decent quarter and the stock puts on $10 a share. Go figure.

This is basically in a nutshell...what drove me from the market in 2011. It just didn't make any sense, especially to an analytical person like myself.

The Steady Eddie dividend income investing approach is different though...as I have been shown.

The wife made her first purchase yesterday, I walked her through putting the order in on the phone. The company announces earnings today...should be interesting to watch her response.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:

The variables are impossible to chart as the fluctuations appear to come from a multitude of news sources, industry and market rumors, and speculative opinion to list a few. Negative news appears to create more movement than positive news. Solid performance doesn't make for good headlines even though it may be a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame.

"The fact that people will be full of greed, fear or folly is predictable. The sequence is not predictable."
~ Warren Buffet
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
This is basically in a nutshell...what drove me from the market in 2011. It just didn't make any sense, especially to an analytical person like myself.

The Steady Eddie dividend income investing approach is different though...as I have been shown.

The wife made her first purchase yesterday, I walked her through putting the order in on the phone. The company announces earnings today...should be interesting to watch her response.

Dividends and "best of class" and Total Return is what will make you money longer term and get you a good nights sleep. Let the gyrations be what they will because nobody can guess what they're going to be tomorrow or next month. I like to FOLLOW the market... I like to be AWARE of trends... I want to be INFORMED...

I used to absolutely freak out if a stock I owned went down a dollar. Never mind that the dollar was .02% of the value... That was it! SELL! SELL IT ALL!

That is a great way to go thru a lot of money. Because then the next day it would go UP 3% and I'd buy it all back.

That was back in the 80's and 90's... I've learned how to make money since then.