Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
you have to join to read that article.

Well CRAP!!

I thought everyone read the WSJ!!!

Okay -- A quickie summation:

The "fiscal cliff" resolution managed to keep or ADD a whole slew of special tax breaks for named corporations etc. There's too many to even list - but basically it was all lobbying for their very own special "deal" to be included in this bill passing.

It's so F'n' UNamerican I could just spit!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
People Voting is great but most are lemmings who get swayed by the marketing hype of big $$ marketing; From either side.

How about we all focus on ending the policy of lobbying. How does out vote ever count when a paid goon with an expense account is always in our legislators office telling them how to vote.

If somebody can explain the value of lobbyist or why we all continue to allow the practice to exist I'd appreciate it.

Legislators will never represent their constituency if they are only listening to special interests.
Hard for me to believe that. I dont think the lobbyists have access to the majority of our middle class. Nor are most of our middle class Americans in a position to where they would have access to the lobbyist to even recieve any sort of cash to sway them one way or the other. There are a whole lot of us out here working mega hours, trying to put in some quality family time, and dont have enough time to research and get educated enough to know who's who and whats what. My belief is that there just aren't enough of the middle class involved.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
It's so F'n' UNamerican I could just spit!
Yeah, just about everything this administration and Congress does makes me sick and want to spit.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Hard for me to believe that. I dont think the lobbyists have access to the majority of our middle class. Nor are most of our middle class Americans in a position to where they would have access to the lobbyist to even recieve any sort of cash to sway them one way or the other. There are a whole lot of us out here working mega hours, trying to put in some quality family time, and dont have enough time to research and get educated enough to know who's who and whats what. My belief is that there just aren't enough of the middle class involved.
You just made my point WE aren't represented. IF you are educated you realize you have no real choice at the polls.

If you are the majority you are sucked into the marketing hype of picking one of the two sides that don't give a crap about you and are bought by special interest.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
You just made my point WE aren't represented. IF you are educated you realize you have no real choice at the polls.

If you are the majority you are sucked into the marketing hype of picking one of the two sides that don't give a crap about you and are bought by special interest.
Wow. That sucks in so many ways. I used to say that I dont vote because I dont have the time to research who and what I'm voting on and that even if I did it wouldn't make a difference. Now that I want to make time and get involved I feel like I'm back to square one but still have a hrd time seeing that there cant be a solution to this problem(I just reflected back to your lobbyist comment).
Does this hold true for politicians that get voted into the Senate and the House?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Wow. That sucks in so many ways. I used to say that I dont vote because I dont have the time to research who and what I'm voting on and that even if I did it wouldn't make a difference. Now that I want to make time and get involved I feel like I'm back to square one but still have a hrd time seeing that there cant be a solution to this problem(I just reflected back to your lobbyist comment).
Does this hold true for politicians that get voted into the Senate and the House?
We're screwed. Start voting at your local level. Go to your city council meetings. Even at that level it is sickening but you can make your voice heard somewhat.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 AM

Thanked 1,079 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Anyone doubting this statement should read this article published in the Wall Street Journal today.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...669161978.html

Okay - here's a link that will work.... 67 BILLION in special interest tax breaks... all while they preach "let's screw the rich" 'cause they're not paying their fair share... which is total BS but sounds good...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...interests?lite
Old 01-05-2013, 12:08 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Okay - here's a link that will work.... 67 BILLION in special interest tax breaks... all while they preach "let's screw the rich" 'cause they're not paying their fair share... which is total BS but sounds good...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...interests?lite
Where's the balance? (said sarcastically)

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/