Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 AM

Default Tire mock up

A few shots of the tire/wheel mock up. I had to order a new set of axles because the old ones would not really work out plus the new ones are stronger. I plan to have a set of wheel/tires set up for drag racing for summer of 09 so better to have the stronger axles.
Attached Images

Steve

Last edited by Steve Firebird; 06-10-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:40 AM

do you have a pic of the rear wheel straight on?.. Heres why. My g bar lower control arms seem to be a 1 inch to short. I can not get the rear wheels centered in the opening. Tryed everything.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 AM

the g bar never allows the tire to be centered it is always forward in the rear wheel well.
should have made the link adjustable
Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Steve, Looks good.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68protouring454 View Post
the g bar never allows the tire to be centered it is always forward in the rear wheel well.
If you don't mind me asking. How hard is it to modify the link to make it center the rear end in the wheel well? I might have to call Kurt tomorrow.
Steve
Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
do you have a pic of the rear wheel straight on?.. Heres why. My g bar lower control arms seem to be a 1 inch to short. I can not get the rear wheels centered in the opening. Tryed everything.
Thats just a picture of the wheels in the wells the rear end is sitting on the floor behind the car. I guess I will have to do some checking into that.
Steve
Old 06-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Right on Steve, thats what I wanted to see! those wheels needed to go on a blue car..I can hardly wait to see it sitting on the ground.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68protouring454 View Post

Got tired of being squeezed by the design. Going with my own version. And the new bushings are in (from Ridetech still) to make the lower arms adjustable.

They know about the problems/ situation (cause its not really a problem but it could be so much better so simply) and don't change anything, i don't get it 'cause they sure are a top notch gang.

This way, Its letting me run as wide a tire you can find now too. The lower arms are inside the rails now so they don't hit anything...Its just getting crowdy with the 3.5 inch exhausts and all...

Lead.

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 AM

Couldn't you just use an adjustable rod end and the housing bracket? How much needed adjustment are we talking to center the wheel?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfoot1 View Post
They know about the problems/ situation (cause its not really a problem but it could be so much better so simply) and don't change anything, i don't get it 'cause they sure are a top notch gang.
Lead.

i've talked to air ride and chris alston and both told me that they never have heard of this problem..

Now with my car, it has the driveshaft to far in, so either I shorten the driveshaft by another 1", or make adjustable lower control arms.

I'm going to make the lower control arms adjustable as well.. I can get the pinion angle spot on at that point.

Not trying to scare you steve, I hope yours comes out 10 times better then mine.. Probally will since you have a professional shop doing awesome work..

Also, any chance you can find out how much the rear was narrowed, and back spacing on the rear rims when you get a chance.. I want to mini tub mine as well, and that sure would help me.