Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
Ironworks is a dealer for both Ridetech and JRI. I Met JJ at the GNRS back in January. I was impressed by the ability to get to talk to a guy who tunes shock on a race car any given weekend. Bret and those guys know their product but they are not marketing their shock to the same market. I like to have smart friends, they get you out of a pinch when needed.

I think there is a place for both in the market. We have been selling Ridetech coilover's on our chassis's since they came on the market. Ridetech makes a really nice shock that is built by a quality company named FOX. Now JRI I took as being the more race oriented shock. They are have shocks for all kinds of racing applications. Sprint Cars to Drag Cars. Sure a guy can put race shocks on his daily driver, But how many guys are going to step up to a bad ass set of double adjustable from JRI at 3600 bucks for the set. Not to many. Now race car guys looking for any kind of edge will be all over it no matter the cost.

Is one better then the other? I would hope that the top end JRI shock at twice the money for the top end Ridetech would be better. They have the same sales margin, so there is no more money for the dealers. So unless JRI is just killing it I would hope it is stuffed with a little better parts here and there on the inside. You can always find something better for more money, I still believe you can get what you pay for, But is there a market to sell that better product. People can only buy the quality they can afford. I think when you get to the upper skill level of anything and you can notice the difference then they are meant for you.

We offer them for the guys who wants them. Some guys will spend big money just because they can. I have used lots of other brand of shocks and I think these to brands cover the basis for all the guys looking at out production chassis's and our custom builds.
Very Well said.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That right there is the difference between educating customers and just showing up.

Way to go Roge...

Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

One thing that JJ told me in a conversation is that the JRI shock build is modular.

If you start with a non adjustable shock at $300 a pop you can send them back to JRI for an easy upgrade to single, double or double with remote reservoirs without starting from scratch. Basically you'd end up paying the difference in price + a fee for the rebuild.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 10-15-2012, 02:19 PM

Jeff Ryan, the JR in JRI was the student of Bob Fox, owner/designer of FOX shock. Jeff then went on to Penske shocks and after Roger sold Penske shock to an investment company Jeff decided to branch out on his own and start up JRI with others from Penske.

Detroit Speed is using JRI because they are a better shock than afco, and 2 because Mike Maier of Maier Racing introduced JRI to Detroit Speed being they are in the same town.

Last edited by chetly; 10-30-2012 at 04:11 PM.