Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlap View Post
Are the center or hub caps on the car year correct for 1967 Bel Air as I'd like to put some on a project? LS power for sure, nice car.

No.........Not correct...........
Old 04-07-2015, 12:00 PM

Mark stopped over yesterday and dropped off more boxes.........Perfect timing.......Put the new front sway bar on today.......It fits.......Sort of........Generic Kits...............Also got the front disc brakes on ......Now on to the new Power Booster and master....(After a Nap).......

Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 AM

The next step in the conversion is to replace the stock Master Cylinder with a Matched Disc/Drum Power Master cylinder assy...............Had to elongate the holes on the booster adaptor to get them to fit over the factory studs on the firewall......(you would think the aftermarket guys would have that pattern figured out by now).........I also had to remount the Proportioning valve as there were some clearance issues.......I also had to make some new Brake lines and got to use the "Best" Tool in the garage again.......The Eastwood Flaring tool.....After fighting with those Chinese Crap Flaring tools while building the Chevelle and buying a Real tool............What a delight.......No stress......Just flare in 10 seconds.....every flare is perfect..........one more line to run and the Engine/Trans go's in for good (hopefully)......

Old 04-09-2015, 11:00 AM

It looks good, nice job.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Engine going in for the last time.......Fits Pretty good......Next is to get the trans crossmember remounted.....

Old 04-12-2015, 12:23 PM

Default Transmission Tunnel

Kwizz,
did you have to do anything to the tunnel? any pics?
cross member pics?
Old 04-12-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPALAMAN1 View Post
Kwizz,
did you have to do anything to the tunnel? any pics?
cross member pics?

Slight hammer clearance req'd in the tunnel........I'll post pic's later of the rear crossmember......Pretty simple
Old 04-12-2015, 04:55 PM

Got a couple of things finalized today......Moved the rear cross member back by bolting it from the bottom of the frame mount using the front crossmember hole in the rear frame mount hole ......so ....It is only held in temporarily with 1 bolt per side........Mark will finish the frame mount mod's at his place as they have a person that Really knows how to weld......LOL.....I also thought I would see how the 2012 Camaro exhaust manifolds fit.........It seems they were made for this install......10 Minutes all installed with plenty of room everywhere........Got Lucky again........Next on the list is the Power Steering Pump.....A/C Compressor ......Radiator and trans cooling hose.......Fuel system....Here's a couple more pic's.....Plenty of room around the factory A/C on the firewall........

Old 04-14-2015, 07:28 PM

Got the Power Steering pump and lines installed today........It seems we are missing the bracket that holds the reservoir in place.....Mark is looking for it to get that loose end taken care of........I also started installing the A/C Compressor and brackets.......Oppps........Wrong Compressor.......Mark ordered the correct one today......Got the Radiator installed......Tomorrow I need to measure the driveshaft for shortening and get the trans line made and installed......

Old 04-20-2015, 06:42 PM

1.Moving along........Got the Power Steering reservoir mounted ......Mark brought over the correct A/C compressor.....got that installed using Kwik Performance brackets.......(Great Stuff).....got the column shift linkage installed ...... Torque converter bolted up.......I started getting the fuel system installed........Mark modified the stock tank for the LS application........I got the Filter/ Bypass installed and started on the fuel lines......LOL........The lines that Mark supplied are different than the ones I was used to using and after trying for 45 minutes to get one fitting installed.........I threw in the towel.......So.....The car is going back to Mark with just a bunch of Mickey Mouse things left to do........In the pic with the A/C compressor installed, I had a spare 99.5" belt laying around but the directions call for a 101" belt.....the one I had was too short as you can see so Mark will be getting the proper sized one.......New Driveshaft is also installed.....