Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2009, 02:04 PM

Don't forget I'm at 2500 feet.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
He actually said his dyno was really tight and most guys complained of low numbers. I noticed the sheet says 5% humidity but the weather said 15% yesterday. I'm sure that would effect the correction factor. Oh man my foot was tired after getting it on that rack. I ended up bending a v clamp as well. Glad to hear it may be conservative. What did you end up making on his dyno?
530 I think? (the start of hungover no sleep wrench and race). Garth was great, treated us outstanding so I don't want to say anything negative, I'm sure it is tight. Leave it for the dyno techs, they agreed not to agree. lol
65 Impala SS
65 Corvair convert
64 Corvair Rampside
62 Corvair Greenbrier

http://www.sourceboards.com/
Old 03-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Nice...we tried to look it up but he couldn't find it. I think you are onto something with the humidity. I went back and looked at the weather Tuesday at around 2 PM when the car was dynoed. I used a calculator that uses temp vs dew point and the humidity should have been 15%. When I got home that day I checked and it was 15%. The lowest it got was 11% on Tuesday. http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...y=24&year=2009 I thought the HG was off but it's a calculation based on absolute pressure not barometric. I looked at my motorcycle dyon from two years ago and it's right on the money. I also found that the correction factor is based on 0% humidity. So if the humidity was really 15% and the computer used 5% the correction would be smaller than it should have been. I took it one step further and found a calculation. http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp.htm With the correction factor at 5% humidity, my engine would have made 93.1% of the power it would have created with perfect conditions or the standard. With 15% it would have made 92.8% of perfect conditions or the standard. So only .3% difference. Still shy but right at about 499 ftlbs. One more degree of timing and I'm there easy.

Just for fun...in Huntington Beach today I would be making 102.2% of the standard. 66 degrees/58% humidity/3 feet of elevation They would actually have to decrease the numbers. So I would have 9% more power today over there than here in the seat of the pants wich would be the equivelant of 44 ftlbs and 44 hp. California is good for something. LOL

Now if I was in Denver, CO today, I would only be making 87% of the standard thus losing 6%. So I gain more power driving to the coast than I lose going to Denver! It's 19 degrees, 90% humidity, and a mile high. I would lose approx 30 horse and ft lbs driving to Denver today. Little to cold for my taste.

Last edited by Vegas69; 03-26-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Well one things for sure...no one can accuse you of not doing your home work!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/